Port Bruce Perch - Mon. July 3

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Headed out of NEM again this morning to a gorgeous lake looking for some perch with friend Darren. He is a former "sinker plinker" on the Bruce pier I happened to take fishing one day last year and now can't keep out my boat. :whistle:
I usually never go on week days or holidays even though I knew it was going to be zoo at the ramp today. However we have these 2 excellent wind days in a row and I wasn't going to miss the opportunity the way the winds have been thus far.

The fishing was not near as good as last Wed. but we managed 57 nice perch and a bonus walleye. We caught the perch once again in and around the 5th wind turbine east of port. We fished 43 to 52 fow but 48 ft. produced most of the perch we worked hard to catch. We were on tons of fish. just couldn't find many willing to bite and when they did it was very lite. Water surface temp was 64F.

Going to hit Port Glasgow at first light tomorrow morning for the first kick at the can on Walleye. Supposed to be another perfect day so I hope they have they have the feed bag on. :)

IMG_1257.JPG

Darren
IMG_1256.JPG

Nice haul @Wave Runner ! I went out of Bruce as well today, amazing service from NEM (y). Didn't do as well with the perch, but had enough to feed the family tonight. But now my youngest (fussiest eater) loves perch, no more peanut butter sandwiches for him while dad eats the lions share of perch :cry:

When we got to NEM at 7:30 this morning they were already out of minnows and the line up was out to the highway still. Betty was almost out too but I managed a couple scoops from her despite the lineup she had as well. Glad you and Darren had a good day. My wife and I and several others did pretty well off the west side of the pier today. One guy had 20 big jumbos when we left, and we came home with 14 of the 18 we caught (threw 4 small ones back)

From what I was told, the aerator on NEM's tanks :poop: the bed. That's why bruce was out of minnows today. I picked up some frozen minnows @ honkers haven and the perch didn't seem to mind

From what I was told, the aerator on NEM's tanks :poop: the bed. That's why bruce was out of minnows today. I picked up some frozen minnows @ honkers haven and the perch didn't seem to mind
Never asked. Saw the sign, asked the kid in the golf cart, he said yep we're out sorry, so I went to Betty's and got 2 scoops but an hour later someone else came out and said he couldn't get any anywhere and had to settle for worms.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks