Port Bruce Monday

Matt245

Monday seems like the only day without thunderstorms in the forecast. They are calling for 15kmph winds from the NE. The rest of the week is suppose to be blowing 6-10kmph but a chance of thunderstorms. After my last incounter with a thunderstorm I would like to try and avoid them. Am I better to fish Monday or take this risk and fish during the week?

Only you can make the decision whether go Monday but I wouldn't. The waves at the PS weather buoy are almost 8 ft. at the moment and with stronger winds through Sunday it will only get worse. Monday morning my guess is the lake will still be rocking big time and dirty as all get out. Unless it changes I don't see any good day wind wise until at least Thurs. of this coming week according to what the wind sites are showing right now.

Only you can make the decision whether go Monday but I wouldn't. The waves at the PS weather buoy are almost 8 ft. at the moment and with stronger winds through Sunday it will only get worse. Monday morning my guess is the lake will still be rocking big time and dirty as all get out. Unless it changes I don't see any good day wind wise until at least Thurs. of this coming week according to what the wind sites are showing right now.
Thanks Wave Runner. Looks like I’ll be heading to goderich to get into some Kings!

Lots of Lakers and small coho around Goderich, don’t know who’s talking about kings but I’ve been there the last 4 weeks in a row and haven’t seen or heard anyone talking about catching a single king. Definitely worth the trip in my opinion though! I’ll see you there Monday

Lots of Lakers and small coho around Goderich, don’t know who’s talking about kings but I’ve been there the last 4 weeks in a row and haven’t seen or heard anyone talking about catching a single king. Definitely worth the trip in my opinion though! I’ll see you there Monday
Whe
Where abouts how you been fishing? I haven’t been there yet but I heard guys are catching kings in 50-90FOW about 40-50ft down. This is just what I was told by a local fishing guide.

Monday seems like the only day without thunderstorms in the forecast. They are calling for 15kmph winds from the NE. The rest of the week is suppose to be blowing 6-10kmph but a chance of thunderstorms. After my last incounter with a thunderstorm I would like to try and avoid them. Am I better to fish Monday or take this risk and fish during the week?
Have you given Nanticoke or Pt Maitland consideration? There have been a few posts earlier in the week where there seemed to be plenty being caught out of Pt Colborne. I haven't ventured down that way yet but thinking out of Nanticoke after work through the week - if the weatherman is willing.

Can I ask Matt - what websites do you look at for weather information? Buoy stations? Any info much appreciated.

Port Colborne weather buoy. https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45142

Cheers and Good Fishing
Balleye

Have you given Nanticoke or Pt Maitland consideration? There have been a few posts earlier in the week where there seemed to be plenty being caught out of Pt Colborne. I haven't ventured down that way yet but thinking out of Nanticoke after work through the week - if the weatherman is willing.

Can I ask Matt - what websites do you look at for weather information? Buoy stations? Any info much appreciated.

Port Colborne weather buoy. https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45142

Cheers and Good Fishing
Balleye
I was trying to avoid Erie after all this weather. Since Lake Huron is much deeper it doesn’t get churned up as much so it should be fishable by Monday. I use the Weather Network one Port Stanley bouy to judge weather I’m going fishing or not. For anywhere else, I just hope that the weather network is correct.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks