Pork Loin on the Traeger

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
@Mrs. Stomp found a pork loin on sale (“not a great price”) and we’re smoking it on the Traeger to see if we can make it into some decent pulled pork.

And not that I'm representing Traeger, but they are running a Father's Day sale right now similar to their earlier Mother's Day sale.

Kinda, sorta reached 160 … so into a tented pan and back on at 325… flying blind now as the Meater lost connectivity and no wired probe due to foil.
8C25A773-CD44-4619-8947-DFB9AFF4DDC5.jpeg

following. I love the loins for the price and the health aspect, but keeping it moist and tender has been a challenge when doing anything other than a marinated spit cook.

What was the problem with the Mac? It looks like it is cheesy.

Not crusty on top? Easy fix, broiler for a few minutes before serving.

Curious. 🌻

What was the problem with the Mac? It looks like it is cheesy.

Not crusty on top? Easy fix, broiler for a few minutes before serving.

Curious. 🌻
Needed some of these crushed on top…
cheetos GIF
Chester Cheetah Fire GIF by Cheetos

Pulled pork from the loin was good. Plenty moist for our taste and very tender and pulled apart easily. The smoked Mac n cheese… nothing to write home about…
View attachment 58169
View attachment 58166View attachment 58167
I'd definitely use pork loin for another pulled pork feast - it truly was tender, tasty and super easy to shred. I think the issue with the mac 'n cheese is that we're accustomed to the super creamy oven baked variety. I made the dish ahead of time and so it had plenty of 'wait' time until it hit the smoker. Next time, I'll make it saucier and of course, top with the the smokin' hot cheetos.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks