Pike June 9

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got out to Bluffs for some pike the last couple of days. The water was cool yesterday 57F. Today was much warmer 63F. Landed 3 yesterday all smaller. Today was a different story. Landed about 20. 35" being the biggest followed by a 33" and lots 25"-30". All in all a great couple of days.
Tough to take pics when you're alone.
30"

35"

I was out at the Bluffs on satuday perchin', we picked up 29 with 6 or 7 in the 11"-12" range.
I tried casting for pike a bit while we were anchored but didnt have any takers.

hey great catch wanted to take dad out for fathers day on Saturday not sure how to get there past pottahawk.unsure where that sand bar is I have lowarance fish finder but not sure how to do quardnants.dont want to hit sand bar. whats the bouyes numbers any info would be great.were u trolling spinning ir bottom bouncing.

After you come around pottohawk you head straight at the lighthouse if you can see it. If you can't see the lighthouse head toward the last trees you see out in the water. As you get closer to Bluffs you will see greens markers. The one that marks the tip is EH5. Stay a hundred yards or so to the right of that buoy and you'll be on the inside of the bar. The water out there is pretty clear and that bar is pretty hard to miss. Good luck.

Nice fish Spilliard! Sounds like you got some good numbers too. How'd the lpbaa tourny go? Was that you I saw with the first place finish?wish I could have made it down for it but weather looked a little poor to me, guess I was wrong :). Hopefully see ya out there in a few weeks for bass season.

Yep that was us that got first. We had a good day. The weather was a bit rough, but it paid off for us. That was our 3rd win. See ya out there for largies.

Back