Pike - Bluff Bar - Tuesday, September 24th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert, John Piggott (Canvasback) and I fished Bluff Bar late this morning and early this afternoon. We didn't do very well trolling but others seemed to be doing fine. After lunch we switched to our old standby and tossed jigs. We ended up landing 13 pike, 1 large perch and a LM bass. Albert caught the biggest as usual.

Nice fish guys! I was out there too today. I was in the little black Lund that waved at you guys. I too didn't do well trolling but when I switched to casting I got 6 including a 33" and a 34". Great reports Duck Soup! See ya out there again!

Duck Soap,

I knew you would be starting for the fall pike fishing soon. I can't imagine how you do it jigging and catching those huge pike close to the boat. It must be a real adrenaline rush when the fight starts and the long runs they make. I had @stomp out a few weeks back and your name was mentioned and your technique on jigging. Hope to cross paths out there and keep up with the posts.

By the way, great looking pike.

Jim

Nice fish guys! I was out there too today. I was in the little black Lund that waved at you guys. I too didn't do well trolling but when I switched to casting I got 6 including a 33" and a 34". Great reports Duck Soup! See ya out there again!
When I saw the black Lund I was wondering if it was you. Actually, your success pitching whatever you were using is what prompted us to switch to jigging. We did catch a few trolling but they were all foul hooked indicating that they were bumping the baits and not eating them. Jigging gets reaction bites so we figured we would give it a try. It was the very first time we used that tactic in the fall.

Arnie and Alber sure are the pike experts ;)
I see Albert has changed his usual white shirt and hat to warmer outfit:LOL:
Still same happy smile though...ha ha ha good report guys.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Duck Soap,

I knew you would be starting for the fall pike fishing soon. I can't imagine how you do it jigging and catching those huge pike close to the boat. It must be a real adrenaline rush when the fight starts and the long runs they make. I had @stomp out a few weeks back and your name was mentioned and your technique on jigging. Hope to cross paths out there and keep up with the posts.

By the way, great looking pike.

Jim
Thanks Three Bouys.......your post is what convinced us to give Bluff Bar a try today.

Another good day fishing, two days in a row. Had my daughter and son in law with today. Stopped at EC 10 for a couple of hours and caught a mess of perch, bigger than yesterday and then we headed to the bar. We trolled with fewer landed than yesterday, but still put a few in the box. Two great days on the water.

Do you just troll the edge of the bar? WHat is the depth there?

Back