Pick your animals and your taxidermist wisely

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I am telling you ya need to be very careful on where you take your trophy to get mounted...You spend all that time sifting through animal after animal after animal to find a shooter...and then you finally score a respectable mature whatever that your happy with..some guys get thrilled....lol...for example last muzzleloader deer season I went through 16 deer in approx. 5 hours in 2 evenings of huntin to finally find a shooter..ya a 10 pointer and I still wasnt really happy with that one...it was a nice typical 5 X 5 with long tines but it didnt have the heavy mass i wanted..it was a next years buck...any experienced deer hunter knows you got have all 3..I regret not holdin out that week.. anyway thats huntin...

I am going to redeem myself and heading to Sask. and do a combo hunt for a giant muley and a monster whitetail to make up for that should of held out event...so I already have contacted a new outfitter and scheduled the exact dates for the rut for both and now just one more move to seal the deal...think its easy.. notta...new buddy says shots are lucky at 100...but he told me you want a big boy you better be ready to shoot 500 yds and make it alot easier to score one....so now i just ordered a custom made to my specifictions a weatherby mark V ultralight in a 7mm weatherby mag delivery date will be july 2017..i put alot of work into choosing this new rifle and this heavy duty calibre on what i need to get the job done..ya just compare the ballistics/trajectory to a 7 mm rem mag..remember small and fast for flat shooting...then I put on a new high end scope with an elevated turret and off to the range to put a 139 grain weatherby power house cartridge right where i want it...my alberta outfitter tells me it will shoot 700 yds no probs ..so get on it...so I think i am getting what i need to hunt every critter i plan to hunt..including a plains game africa safari in the works that will be in 13 to 14 months from now...one last thing I want is a camera man to film my combo deer hunt...its about time don't ya think

Hey check this out of a local taxidermist called forest city taxidermy and you can go on his site and take a look at his gallery...and you can form your own opinion of his work...I also visited his shop located in dorchester. an absoulute incredible experience that i will never forget...omg

oh and for the meat hunters...yep a deer is a deer...and really you don't even need a licence or a firearm to put quality venison in the freezer...i have taken several fresh road kill deer and some big bucks off the side off of deer alley roads during the hot and heavy rut in early to mid Nov.

oh ya one more quote is I went through over 240 plus woodland caribou in 1.5 days to find an acceptable shooter and they were all in small herds of 20+and alot less and I wasn't really to happy with that one either...lol...omg..they all seemed to be next years bulls...but mine was acceptable.. but thats it....ya my 6 by 6 typical RM elk absoulutley that boy was a beast and the head gear score to prove it...so i was pretty satisfied with that one...

I think I need to quit watching wild TV...lol

this post should of went up a month ago....as all the nice heavy 10 and 12 pointers are at the taxidermists right now ...I was just thrilled to see first hand some local beautiful Nov. bucks head gear waiting to be be mounted at a couple of our local taxidermists...congrats to the shooters!!!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks