Perch

rtcp 47

Where did the Perch go from Port Brue searched all day for them could not find HELP

Can't say for sure, but I think the weather in the last few days has shut them down, the lake is all churned up and the water temp is down. I will be trying again tomorrow night(as long as no more storms roll through) going out looking for the "mud line" however far out that is and will try fishing right along it.

Just my thoughts, anyone else have a theory?

Bogz

The mudline is where the water turns from dark and brown(muddy) and the blueish/green water meet. Not sure if "mudline" is a nautical term, but it's what I call it, lol. After a good stormy and windy couple of days when the lake as had good wave action this line is very easy to see/find. I haven't been out in a week so I can't say for sure, but I would guess this "line" will be out somewhere in the 30-35 fow range.

Bogz

" Wind from the east, fish bight the least. " East winds screw up the bait fish. In return making the perch lathargic and not hungry. I can put money on it that if you went out today you would haul them in because of that north west wind.

yeah yesterday tuesday was slow slow.

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

no expert but think northwest winds will push that brownline out further. have had best luck down there when brown "warmer" is just past the mouth of the creek. west wind tends to bring in "cooler" water under the "warmer" water setting off a feeding session.

just my opinion---anybody else want to chime in on the subject???

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Maybe the full moon has something to do with it. I have heard it does something to tides worldwide due to changes in the earths magnetic pull.

quote:
Originally posted by C-Buoy

Maybe the full moon has something to do with it. I have heard it does something to tides worldwide due to changes in the earths magnetic pull.

I've actually heard from many "seasoned" fisherman that the day of and a few days after a full moon are some of the best days of the month to go fishing, I have always followed this thought process and have usually had very good luck

I agree that the moon has an effect on fishing...a buddy of mine buys a "fishing" calendar every year, it shows the "best" days for fishing each the month and it pretty much matches up with the full moon cycle. Not to say it's the only days you catch 'em, but good days on that calendar usually = more fish in the boat.

Bogz

Most outdoor GPS units will have the hunt/fish calendar built right in. It does vary by region. I check it out every now and then just for fun but have never actually recorded how I've done compared to how 'hot' the calendar says it will be. Then again, not sure how useful such a comparison would be considering the number of variables involved with fishing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks