Fishing Report Perch/Pike - Bluff Bar - Friday, June 10th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Canvasback, Albert and I headed to Bluff Bar this morning for a few pike and some perch. We started and ended about 4 hours of fishing effort with pike but focused most of our time on perch. The perching was excellent and the pike also cooperated. We ended up keeping 25 real nice perch and 5 smaller pike. Lots of non stop action and the weather was great.

whereabouts on the bluff for the perch, DS? at the green marker/inside bar?
We got to Bluff Bar a little after 9 am and there were already about a dozen boats fishing along the inside of the Bar. We started further east because it was least busy. We worked our way west catching 9 pike and eventually decided to stop and try for perch in 15 fow. We caught lots the first place we stopped and simply stayed there until we decided we had enough keepers. We were also catching lots of rock bass, some SM bass and at least one pike on minnows. After we quit perch fishing we worked our way further west fishing for pike and caught and released several. People fishing at the far west end of the bar were not catching much of anything.

Good report guys and nice pics, it sure was a great day to be on the water. :)

Hey @Duck Soup were you fishing with minnows? Or still jigging?
With the exception of one or two pike that bit on minnows the rest were caught on either jigs or swim baits. Canvasback prefers using swim baits these days but Albert and I pretty well stick with jigs at Bluff Bar in the spring. The perch were all caught on shiner minnows.

Always a great report... Lots of details as well... Always look forward to your reports... Never keep the rockbass?? Tasty buggers out of cold water...

Always a great report... Lots of details as well... Always look forward to your reports... Never keep the rockbass?? Tasty buggers out of cold water...
Yeah Jammer, I agree that Rock Bass are tasty little buggers. Normally, I'll keep enough for a meal but we had already committed to keeping a few pike and some perch. Being retired I probably get out fishing 50 times a season and there is zero incentive to keep fish I don't plan to eat within a few days unless they are injured or not fit to be released.

Back