perch and eyes

picksercher

im looking to get out this weekend for the first time need some one to point me in the right direction lol looking to get some perch as I have not done that this year im usually a salmon guy on lake Ontario but though I would see what Erie has to offer thanks for the info

Hi picker Cher for a start try Port burwell or Port Bruce get some minnows at the boat launch and follow the boats out .Try to keep some room from other boats and check your sonar for perch archs. Anchor and try a spot for 20 minutes or so if nothing move around til you findem. Good luck

Have never fised out of either of these ports. Not knowing how far I would have to go out from shore, if the lake was reasonbly calm would it be possible to fish out of a good 14 ft tinny with a 9.9 motor.

You would have to pick your days for sure and not venture out to far .Lake Erie can turn up quick.Check the lake before you launch. Also check the wind sites most use.Windy.com,sailflow, windfinder etc

Personally I wouldn't venture 2 far out on lake erie in a boat of that size! If your interested in catching sum fish then stick to a smaller body of water! LP bay being sheltered used to put the fear of god into me running a 16' with a 50 hp when those winds decided to pick up within a few minutes! Just my 2 cents worth!⚓

Hi picker Cher for a start try Port burwell or Port Bruce get some minnows at the boat launch and follow the boats out .Try to keep some room from other boats and check your sonar for perch archs. Anchor and try a spot for 20 minutes or so if nothing move around til you findem. Good luck
Tcat is there structure or a shelf pocket or is it flat. also what time is the launch and baite open . thanks again

Like Tcat said pick you days. Sometimes, like last Saturday the lake is flat and that's ok for a small boat. That Being said, fishing out of burwell I usually go to sand hills or Hastings which is a 20 min ride or 30 min ride at 35 mph so with a 9.9 it's a long trek. If the weathers good it's worth the trip!

You'd be better to go out of Bruce than Burwell in a 14' with a 9.9. The fishing is closer, within 2-3 miles. I wouldn't want to have to go further than that with a small motor if the wind starts to pick up. You might try Burwell with a steady light north wind and stay closer to shore on the way but it'd be at least an hour to get to the Sandhills. Guys launch off the beach at Long Point/Hastings with boats you can carry but I think you need to know someone with beach access/parking to do that now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks