Opinion on heading out SAT afternoon

Minnownite

Hey I had planned on heading out this afternoon out of Burwell for eyes for my first time ever with 2 other inexperienced eye fishers. 16' tinner. Think the rain/lightening will be in our favor or not worth the risk?

Lots of activity upstream on radar
I would expect that to intensify with daytime heating . Fish have been very close to port so there may be a bit of a window

That depends on a few things. 1) what is the weather doing when you go out? 2) What have you seen when you checked the weather sites before leaving? 3) what is your own comfort level? 4) what is the comfort level of those going out with you?

If it's just a nice gentle rain, the wind hasn't whipped up the lake, and there are no thunderstorms in the area why not go, unless you don't want to get wet. If it's a torrential downpour don't go. If there are thunderstorms in the area, definitely don't go. You don't want to get caught out on the lake in a thunderstorm.

I just looked at the weather radar on the Environment Canada website. https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WSO
There is lots of activity north near Goderich, and and out over Lake Huron but not very much in this area right now. A couple small areas out over
Lake Erie near Pt Stanley. But that could change, and change very quickly.

Check the weather sites before you go. Exercise common sense and good judgement. If you aren't comfortable with what you see, then don't go. Trust your eyes. IF you decide to go and get down to the lake and don't like what you see, don't go out. It's better to err on the side of caution than it is to take an unnecessary risk for some fish.

its showing a chance of rain in the morning there but overall the wind is down for sunday. Not sure how far I would go out in a 16ft boat nor that fish cant be found closer to shore , but I have a bit of first hand info that the fishing this morning was fantastic out in some of the deeper waters, which is a bit further off shore in the cental basin than what scrimmy is fishing in Glasgow.
Enjoy the bumper year catching.

I gotta work till 2. Gunna head out early tomorrow instead.

Probably a very good call. I just checked the weather radar again and there are severe thunderstorm warnings popping up with a fairly a good storm near Pt Bruce and a line of storms out into the lake from the Chatham area through to western NY (Buffalo Niagara and southern Lake Ontario)

Thunder and lighting with heavy rains this after noon. Held it wide open all the way in.

good call on tomorrow instead of this pm, you mentioned its your 1st time for eyes, this is also a great site to read reports on where, how deep, and what to put in the water, check out the other reports!:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks