Not a bad haul

With all due respect....those perch look terrible..looks like they were kept in water after they were dead......that is one of the worst things you can do for a fine catch of Perch such as those....May I suggest you bury them in ice in a cooler and you will notice a big difference in your catch....Just my thoughts

Really. He can do what he likes with HIS catch. Good catch Bernie. Just sayin.

With all due respect....those perch look terrible..looks like they were kept in water after they were dead......that is one of the worst things you can do for a fine catch of Perch such as those....May I suggest you bury them in ice in a cooler and you will notice a big difference in your catch....Just my thoughts

Really. He can do what he likes with HIS catch. Good catch Bernie. Just sayin.

You're right he can do what he wants with his catch!

But that's some sound advice, because it's true he will notice quite the difference if he keeps them on ice after he catches them.
The look the smell the taste will be much better!

@Thirstystone just curious when you say ice them instead of keeping them cool in water. What will the taste difference be. I'm always looking for new advice. Just curious.
I used to be a commercial fisherman out of Wasaga Beach...We kept our fish on ice for firmness...Looks....and taste..fish rots very fast in water when it's dead...especially when it's warm.. You can keep a fish on ice for 2 to 3 days. It should be completely covered in shaved ice....

I always take 40 lbs. of ice in a separate cooler which I always make in my freezer before each outing. I put a layer of ice on the bottom of the big cooler and then add ice as I layer the fish. All fish immediately go on ice after catching them. Yes it makes a huge difference not only in looks but in taste. This is how perch or any fish for that matter should look at the end of the day, almost exactly the same as when caught. Then your fillets will look like the second photo but also taste the way they should. :)

Final layer of perch just before last layer of ice to go on for a full cooler of 100 perch
IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks