No walleye...

DaveJ

...but they did have some ling/turbot. Steelheads is short of walleye..even frozen...but they had a great alternative!
I'll post how it turns out..but I love Ling!

1000003750.jpg

can't wait to hear about the results. Looks more affordable too.

Cooked last night. I took a few pieces and put them in boiling water and sugar. Cooled them a bit after boiling for 3 minutes, dipped in melted butter....very good poor mans lobster..texture chewy much like a walleye cheek.
The majority of the fillets I cut into nugget size. Dredged in flour--egg and cold water wash--rolled in seasoned bread crumbs/Panko bread crumbs/corn starch. Into a 350F oil batch until brown. Served with a mayo/shrimp sauce dip, an asian dip of sesame oil, fish sauce, soya sauce Korean chili, ginger. The bits were fabulous..firm, very cod like in taste. All were eaten before I could get pictures.
The only criticism was the fish tasted like it had been frozen for a while. Im sure fresh would be better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks