Next week?

can't miss

Good luck to everyone deer hunting next week. Have had some good chats with some on this site about different styles of hunting, discussion is always good for the sport.
Weather is looking warm.
Hoping to start a thread on butcher,s excepting deer, cooler's available and such?
Most season's, I hang here and butcher up myself, but I do like to hang them for at least a few day's, long range is saying 14C all week.

Yup should be a nice mild hunt. We usually take all our deer to Hank Dekonings at the end of the week. They do a great job for us and we have the option of mixing in pork in our ground meat if wanted. I'm sure he'd even do sausage or pepperoni if asked.

I hang for 8-10 day the cut myself but I have a giant fridge in th garage, I can hang them in. May need it this year if th weather holds.

Took a nice 8 pt, smaller deer, guess 2, maybe 3 yr old. Local group of us here hunting a few farm's saw lot's, just not threw the cross hair's? As much as a lot of us that hunt the early hunt, ( this yr the summer hunt), complain about corn still being on, a lot of corn came off the week or so before opening morn. Just another hunter's excuse, but they seemed very skid-dish, maybe the change from endless corn field's all at one time???
Shot mine about Wed. night, hung it till about noon next day, skinned it out, tied the loins and straps to roast, and de-boned the rest. Local butcher ground the rest, 1/3 pork added. I was concerned about the short hang time, but have had some burgers and they'er real good.

Apparently Townsend Butchers had to rent a cooler from a local orchard due to hunters having to bring their deer in right away rather than hang them for the week. TC

Back