Off Topic New Air Fryer Toaster Oven

hvyhaul

Our Cuisinart AFTO was starting to become a little too finicky regarding the selection dial soooooooo, The Wife bought another one in an auction.

nwtstruvn.jpg

It's a Cosori Smart Air Fryer Toaster Oven, 100% metal.

I'll comment after using it for a while. 🌻

Last edited:
Our Cuisinart TO was starting to become a little too finicky regarding the selection dial soooooooo, The Wife bought another one in an auction.

View attachment 86148

It's a Cosori Smart Air Fryer Toaster Oven, 100% metal.

I'll comment after using it for a while. 🌻
Hey hvy- put it to the test and try some Burwell walleye in it! You never know! Air-Fryer capabilities.

Quick review;

There's been a number of things cooked, features used, all good.

Hooked it up to home wifi, updated the appliance's software and downloaded the app from the manufacturer.

Similar to the Treager app but not nearly the number of recipes.

Everything is controllable from the app except "starting".

Does everything better than the Cuisinart did at half the noise level. It's very quiet.

Rack placement is really important with this one, things can scorch if racks are too high or too low, so a learning curve.

aplcrsp.jpg

It's all metal so zero fumes or off taste has been noticed.

There's a couple of things not covered in the manual but Google and YouTube are your friends.

When your stuff is done you get a notification on your phone.

No complaints, bought at auction for less than half the best price seen. 😁🌻

is an air fryer a toaster with a convection fan? What designates them as a "fryer"?

could I coat a fillet with a bit of Bisquick and put on a wire rack or parchment ?

is an air fryer a toaster with a convection fan? What designates them as a "fryer"?

could I coat a fillet with a bit of Bisquick and put on a wire rack or parchment ?

This thing has eleven "methods" for cooking, dehydrating, baking, broil, air fry, keep warm etc. I would think some use top/bottom or both cycling on and off, some using the fan some won't.

The picture above is baking apple crisp so I expect it could do what you asked about baking air frying a battered fillet.

There's two racks/mesh basket and a metal tray for crumbs, drips etc. 🌻

Back