New to board, Lurking for a while... Report

ReelFishFry

Hello Everyone!

I’ve been lurking this board for a while now and thought why not give back. I’m and avid walleye angler. I'm a born and raised Norfolk County Guy. I’m not really into targeting any other species, but I have no problem hooking into bass, pike, cat or anything else. Fishing is fishing and it’s just nice to be out. Most of my time is spent wading the Grand River finding new holes and spots to fish. I do spend time trolling Erie and up in the Kawarthas for eyes when I get a chance. Although this year was to busy for me and I didn’t get a chance to do either.

I did get a chance to get out to the Grand last weekend. There’s tons of guys catching bows. I on the other hand was targeting eyes. I tried everything from bottom bouncing minnows/worms, minnow under floats, and tossing some lures with no eyes to show for it. This is my usual method and usually get into a couple every outing. I did end up with 9 smallies and a few cats. Great day of catching fish. I did hook into a monster rainbow while using a minnow and a pink floating jig. I was so surprised it took off running jumped about 30 feet in front of me and just like that the jig came back and hit me in the shoulder. After looking at the guy beside me and started to laugh. I looked at my jig. It was straighter than an arrow.

I will be heading out this weekend, I’ll be gearing up for the 19th annual Caledonia B&T Walleye Derby I’m just not to sure where I want to try my luck. I’m looking forward to posting a report.

Thanks,
Fryer

Back