Nebraska 2015 Success

Never realized there was a hunting section on stomps. Thought I would post my hunt from a few weeks ago in Nebraska. There are other Ontario turkey hunts on my youtube account from the past if you want to get the blood pumping. Just over a week to go!

This was my 3rd year chasing Nebraska long beards. I missed a tom right off the roost in year #1 (Actually missed him twice) and passed some jakes. Year #2 we ran into poor weather and I was only able to work a jake with some hens into my setup.

Finally on year #3 I was able to get it done. This year the weather was amazing weeks before we left and the forecast remained great while we were there. The 6 of us arrived at camp at 4:30am CST. With only a few hours until daybreak we all got our gear ready and waited to head out. Fatigue from the long drive gets overlooked when that first gobble rings out.

Very happy with my first out of province bird. 22lbs. Spurs just over an inch and beard 9 7/8". Bird was taken on March 30th.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks