Fishing Report Nanticoke - June 14

jrr

Even though the water is still cold in the Elbow area I thought I would go out and wash some spoons. Picked up a 4-5lbs rainbow (smaller than the last time) and had a few others hit. Until this bottom temp climbs I imagine there is a lot of fun rainbow to be caught. I was out for just 2 hours today.

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 4.57.32 PM.png

I did see a few fishing tugs coming in from the east so I imagine they are expecting the fish to move as that warm water creeps into the bay:

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/anim.php?lake=e&param=bwt&type=n

Hoping the wind shifts!

Edit: adding a pic of the fish and I think it was a brown trout, not a rainbow.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for that link, very interesting. I am amazed the south shore is so much warmer than here.

I was going to wash a few spoons tomorrow out of Nanticoke. That is until my wife whom is on vacation had me bring home a new bedroom set! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow and it has nothing to do with fishing. No not Christening it either,,,,,well maybe if I rest up tonight.

Even though the water is still cold in the Elbow area I thought I would go out and wash some spoons. Picked up a 4-5lbs rainbow (smaller than the last time) and had a few others hit. Until this bottom temp climbs I imagine there is a lot of fun rainbow to be caught. I was out for just 2 hours today.

View attachment 3420

I did see a few fishing tugs coming in from the east so I imagine they are expecting the fish to move as that warm water creeps into the bay:

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/anim.php?lake=e&param=bwt&type=n

Hoping the wind shifts!

Edit: adding a pic of the fish and I think it was a brown trout, not a rainbow.

View attachment 3424
Good report jrr ..was going to head out this weekend If you dont mind me asking how many fow and depth you running spoons colours etc....Im tired of waiting for walleye to show up at maitland

@gilfisher - I grew up salmon fishing so I do a lot of things I don't think about... Doesn't work so well for walleye ;) I was in the 50-60 FOW range, 40 ft down, and length from the downrigger ball doesn't seem to make a difference but that could be the spoons I am using. Silver Streek hearing pattern with pink highlight works (but shouldn't) and a NK hammered silver with blue and green highlights has been working. I have thrown every body bait I have but the orange ones down there... Nothing likes the way I present them at the moment.

Back