man missing

fisherman

he was last seen on an ice flow under blue water bridge coast guard and cutters searching us and Canada nice eh ice is not safe no matter where why would u go out fishing its cheaper to but em now a casket and search parties cost more as well as the sorrow u leave ur rellies in

Sending the bill would be only just.
But by claiming to be a member of the Canadian Forces it gets a little more interesting.
At best for him the Canadian Forces hate bad publicity caused by their members.
If his claims of service are correct he'll have to deal with this.
BTW: it has now been passed off to other members of the Canadian Forces.
If his claims are false or exaggerated than further consequences may be coming.
His claim of "For work, Brown said, he's often stationed at coastal ports, checking ships pulling in for explosives and drugs." seems somewhat unlikely for a reservist from London, On.

The whole story sounds like a crock of BS! Not sure any diver (commercial, military, police or sport) would ever admit to training alone in the ice clogged St. Clair. Kind of reminds you of the jerk who appeared on national TV on Remembrance Day in Ottawa posing as a member of our Armed Forces. He had his day in court and paid the consequences. I have my doubts as whether HMCS Prevost takes part of covert dive operations. That's left to the Fleet Dive crews in Halifax and Esqimault.

How can anyone pass judgement, to him it's OK. just like I walk and drive out on ice to fish and go out in a boat to fish knowing I could drown.
I know people that jump out of a plane with a string attached to a sheet, or worst case, I drive on the 400 series hwy knowing people have cel phones in their car, let alone talking on them.
Man, I better sell my car because I know I could put myself in danger and get killed.
In other peoples eye's they see us fisherman crazy and very cruel people.
We could go on and on. Shit happens, in his eye's he was having fun.
I just hope he thinks the same about me when I launch a piece of steel into a Perch mouth then stab it with a knife to take it's living flesh to fry in grease to eat.:arghh:
I think I've talked myself into not fishing anymore, NOT A CHANCE:LOL: Here Perchy Perchy.:LOL:

Fish Farmer my criticism of him has nothing to do with his choice of activities but in the way he went about it.
His poor choice of not informing anyone about his floating down the river at night waving a red light(most likely light on camera) led to a unneeded emergency search which has cost the taxpayers on both sides of the boarder thousands of dollars.
All this for a self promoting YouTube video.

My military sources are reporting that some high level correspondence has been happening over this incident & he's had some explaining to do.
The Forces don't like any bad publicity caused by things like this.

Funny, in the video it looked like he was by him self, not one on shore.
Wetsuit on and doing a selfy. Some people panic to much, is the way I see it.
I guess he should have had a few buds on shore to let others know, wasn't thinking I guess.
Far as costing us extra, aren't they just sitting in the station getting paid anyway or is it a double dip thing. Just asking.

"Far as costing us extra, aren't they just sitting in the station getting paid anyway or is it a double dip thing. Just asking."
I'm sure the USCG is already looking to recover the costs of the unnecessary helicopter flight.
Police and fire redirected on a wild goose chase when their services could be required else where.
Dispatchers tied up calling multiple agencies unnecessarily while possibly limiting their resources to respond to real emergencies.
Not sure but suspect that included calling out so called volunteer fire personal which now would trigger pay for them.

When I first saw this jack asses story, I tended to agree with Woodsman that the ice cowboy should pay the expenses occurred. Then I weighed it against say, a ice fisher that get's them self caught out on a ice flow, a hunter lost in the bush, or a boater broken down in the middle of the lake, that require rescue. Should they pay for rescue? maybe they do, I've heard it discussed before that they should.
But after some thought, there's is a difference, the incidences I mentioned above, the people in those situations want to be rescued. This guy didn't, he didn't call or signal for help, he wasn't reported over-do, and although I agree what he did was stupid, don't think he broke any law's so how can he be billed for something he didn't want?
Think it will have to be chalked up to, can't fix stupid

IMO those requiring emergency services are what these services exist for.
When these services are unnecessarily dispatched for something that could reasonably been avoided is a misuse of resources.

As for "he didn't call or signal for help" I have no doubt when a red light is seen waving back & forth on an ice flow at night how it could be easily and reasonably mistaken for a distress signal.

Woodsman, let's be clear, I'm not arguing the stupidity of the ice rider's stunt. But you have to look at what people today, and social media, are doing? Makes no sense to me either?
Light's on the ice, or in the bush, or on the lake, bet that's never been seen before? Do we send out the forces each time?
You seem to have a connection with 1st respondent's, I do too, for too long. Better question is when to send the forces?
Think someone jumped the gun on this one

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks