LP long weekend fishing

bassaholic

Anybody bass fishing the inner bay this weekend? Hoping to get out this Friday after work and possibly another early morning if the wind isn't too bad. What's everyone else thinking???

My son and I will be headed out tomorrow around 3pm. Also will be watching the wind reports and getting out over the 3 days as much as possible. Short handed at work and im stuck putting in 60 hours a week so i'm looking forward to some much needed time on the bay.

Tight lines!

I fished all week with good success but was a handful with the wind ( except last night). Water has warmed up a lot in a few days. Winds dont look great this weekend either. Lots of pike around as well. No magic pattern everything was getting them.

15-20 knot winds keeping the boat in the driveway this weekend. :(

15 to 20 kms winds is nothing for the inner bay. Also if it's that bad you can still catch some nice with along shore in and along the tall grass and out of the wind

I fished all week with good success but was a handful with the wind ( except last night). Water has warmed up a lot in a few days. Winds dont look great this weekend either. Lots of pike around as well. No magic pattern everything was getting them.
@jerk bait - any suggestions on depth ?

@jerk bait - any suggestions on depth ?
I've heard good reports about shallow depths...6ft and under. Trolling live bait is always a go to if it gets super slow...never did enjoy fishing the main channel but might give that a go as well. The best thing about L.P. is there's TONS of options to find fish

Well I fished inside the bay tonight with only 1 smallie and a rocky to show for it...tried many spots and many lures. Next time I'll troll minnows. Anyone have better results?? I'm losing my touch and if I get any worse I'll have to change my handle lol. Great day on the water though!! Calm and sunny

I had the same fate. Me and a friend were out from 5-9 and the highlight was the swim we took. I think we boated 5 fishing the weeds around millionaires and nothing remotely close to a picture :( . We tried the flats and channel as well. Oh well I’ll be back tomorrow morning to try again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks