Looking for fishfinder recommendations

I have a Garmin Chartplotter which I really like. I also fish a lot with a friend who has the Hook 7. It seems to be a great unit as well especially if you are a real techy. I am not and find the Garmin simpler and more intuitive to figure out.

Has anyone used a Garmin with the quick release cradle? If so what are your opinions of it

Well I'm still running my old hummingbird 899 si , di at console , nothing fancy, works great , on the bow I run Hummingbird 7 and also use it for ice fishing, again simple to use and works great
To get good deals I look for previous year models as stores want to get it out , its still new and big savings
Yah I'm not a techie either

I upgraded from Lowrance to Simrad 2 years ago when I broke off my lowrance transducer
I noticed a huge difference
when it comes to $ , you do get what you pay for

Has anyone used a Garmin with the quick release cradle? If so what are your opinions of it
I have the quick release cradle on my Garmin. It works fine. I would be happier with it if it had some sort of positive lock latch. It is sort of a press fit which I struggle with sometimes. A couple of times I have also had the unit stop working because I did not have it fully pressed into place. The first time I was fiddling with battery cables and trouble shooting wires before I realized I just had not pressed it on completely.:arghh:

Well not fully a fan..easier to remove and install, hope the plastic holdup to install and removal..if this unit pops off, say bye bye..at least with the plug inones, you have the cable to save it if for some reason it goes over board

I bought the garmin striker 4, a few years ago. Got it as a portable unit for ice, kayaking or clamping to a tinny. For a basic fish finder and GPS unit it has impressed the hell out of me. Easy to use, simple settings. Can easily adjust it to see a 4" perch hitting your minnow in 20' fow when on the ice. Next time I'm in the market for a new unit for the boat it will most likely be a garmin. If its the same mounting system for the big guys as the small one, it seems pretty secure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks