Looking for Advice on Fishing Hastings

Consequence Free

For those of you who have made the trip from Burwell to Hastings, I'd like to pick your knowledge of fishing.
My dad and I are going to make our first outing there. Going to take two or three scoops of minnows with us. Simply going to follow shoreline all the way to Hastings area....once there, will we see a group of boats? How far off shore? Depth of water I'm looking for?
Finally, does anyone know of anyone who scales fish between LP and Ingersoll?
Thanks in advance,
Ken

3 scoops is lots for 2 guys. Just follow the shore about 16 miles to the end of the windmills which is kind of where the area known as 'Hastings' starts and the area known as 'the Sandhills' ends at Clear Creek. Most fishing is out in the 49-53 fow range right now which is about 2 miles off shore I think. Look for gravelly bottoms on your fishfinder and if you can find one of the gravel humps out there it's a bonus. You will likely see a pack of boat out there. If you don't get fish in 10 minutes or so move a bit and repeat until you find them. The fish are all over out there so any one spot isn't all that critical just some spots are better than others. We fished one of our 'Spots' on Saturday and we were all alone with a pack of 25 boats half a mile to the east and another big pack to the west and were limited out in 2-1/2 hours....

3 scoops is lots for 2 guys. Just follow the shore about 16 miles to the end of the windmills which is kind of where the area known as 'Hastings' starts and the area known as 'the Sandhills' ends at Clear Creek. Most fishing is out in the 49-53 fow range right now which is about 2 miles off shore I think. Look for gravelly bottoms on your fishfinder and if you can find one of the gravel humps out there it's a bonus. You will likely see a pack of boat out there. If you don't get fish in 10 minutes or so move a bit and repeat until you find them. The fish are all over out there so any one spot isn't all that critical just some spots are better than others. We fished one of our 'Spots' on Saturday and we were all alone with a pack of 25 boats half a mile to the east and another big pack to the west and were limited out in 2-1/2 hours....
Appreciate everything here! Hoping to "limit out" for the first time ever. I dock at the Old Cut all season long and do 95% of my yearly fishing in the bay and outer bay. My dad has been hinting at wanting to go for the past couple of years, so I think we'll take the plunge and get what we can. :)
Thanks again.
Ken

pick a nice day and g for it ,,I use a crappy rig with a half oz weight ,cut my minnows in half ,as I think thy feed by smell not sight ,,drop you line straight to the bottom and keep your line tight ,no casting ,,lol ,,bounce your weight on the bottom every few seconds ,keep in touch with the bottom all the time with your line straight up and down .you may get lucky and get a eye as well ..thy are there with the perch ,,good luck and hope to see you out there ,,we may try for wensday or thrusday depending on the wind as it can be a very long ride back to port as it was on one day last week we had 5 footers coming back west ..Dutch

Back