Longtail mud motor

NextLegend

I'm getting a 420cc clone motor ready for a Longtail but I'm having a hard time finding a header exhaust pipe. Just wondering if anyone can help.
TIA

Yes it did but I removed the governor and upgraded the air filter and jet. Just need to upgrade the exhaust. All the pipes I can find are ment for go carts. There's US companies that make pipes for mud motors but a bit pricey.

What's the difference between a Go-cart muffler and a Mud-motor muffler ? GT sound as opposed to putt-putt quiet ? Or was it how it fits and functions on the motor ?

The motor drive shaft faces to the side of a bike or go cart, but straight back on a mud motor. If you use a cart pipe it will be blasting to the side. Ideally you want it facing straight back.

Right on ! Sounds like a custom weld job to me that's why I suggested a motorcycle shop. There is a science to exhaust systems besides baffles and spark arresting that's where a dude that tunes or races bikes would be handy. Post some pics when you are done ?

Nice website at Mudskippers, too bad they aren't local. They even carried Vanguard engines ! They want almost 1700 bucks just for a 16HP motor like mine and we're talking Yankee dollars. My engine came as an original Go-Devil Longtail package.

Nice website at Mudskippers, too bad they aren't local. They even carried Vanguard engines ! They want almost 1700 bucks just for a 16HP motor like mine and we're talking Yankee dollars. My engine came as an original Go-Devil Longtail package.
Yep sucks they are an American company. There is a dealer up in Breachin. I’ve chatted with him a few times now about getting a surface drive for the jon boat. But I think I’ll just stick to my 16hp long tail. Works good for what we do with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1214.png
    IMG_1214.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 15
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks