Livescope battery suggestions

600mojo

Ordered up a Garmin 12 inch and a 34 transducer. From research I can expect about 8 hours of use out of a 12v 30ah lithium battery. I’m just wondering if this is accurate from others running the 12’s. Also what battery are you running, a premium ie Dakota or a Amazon special. Thanks.

Running a helix 7 at the wheel. Running two lead acid group 27 for the trolling motor and the helix. Concerned about extra draw so thinking of a separate 30ah to avoid issues. In the future not opposed to going all lithium but not now.

I run 2 helix 10" and just got a 360, likely add a mega live. Using a 31 series lead acid "house battery" for the electronics in parallel with the starter battery with a switch to 1, 2 ,or all. Hasn't been an issue yet, but I have a Noco jumper on board just in case.

That 12 will draw 2.2 to 2.9 ah and the lvs34 will draw from 2.4 to 4.8 ah. So combined that 12 and livescope together will draw 4.6 to 7.5 ah. With a fully charged 30ah lithium you are at best 6.5hrs and at worst 4hrs. And thats if they are the only things on this battery. I run 5 lithiums in my boat and I use the ionic battery with the app on my phone to monitor. I run 5 graphs and active target and 360. The lithiums are great but they do draw down. They are not the end of battery problems. Always check the ah specs for the units you are installing and make sure to ah up with the battery to cover off your usage needs.

That 12 will draw 2.2 to 2.9 ah and the lvs34 will draw from 2.4 to 4.8 ah. So combined that 12 and livescope together will draw 4.6 to 7.5 ah. With a fully charged 30ah lithium you are at best 6.5hrs and at worst 4hrs. And thats if they are the only things on this battery. I run 5 lithiums in my boat and I use the ionic battery with the app on my phone to monitor. I run 5 graphs and active target and 360. The lithiums are great but they do draw down. They are not the end of battery problems. Always check the ah specs for the units you are installing and make sure to ah up with the battery to cover off your usage needs.
I have a similar set up but with only 4 graphs, running all Lowrance as well. You running 100ah lithiums? You should get multiple days on your set up.
Running a helix 7 at the wheel. Running two lead acid group 27 for the trolling motor and the helix. Concerned about extra draw so thinking of a separate 30ah to avoid issues. In the future not opposed to going all lithium but not now.
Get a bigger lithium, and put all your electronics on that.

I run 2 ionic lithium 125 ah hybrid cranking. The one is my cranker but has the stock ranger livewell pumps and my 360 and AT on the 1,2 acc switches all off the stock dash. The second has my 5 graphs (2 fs 9s, 2 helix 9s, and an hds 9 live) and my power poles. I do get multiple days but...they do juice down quite a bit on a 10 to 12 hour pre fish day or even a full tournie day when sitting in one area with no running. The ionic battery is nice cause it gives me real time usages and up to date % of where the battery is at right on my phone. This thread was asking about a 30ah so I was just saying that 30ah might be a bit light for a 12 and livescope running on a full day that's all

I run these, 11 year warranty, self heated.
I’m very happy with them.

Which model for starters? I heard you can not start with just Deep cycle. Is that true.
I know my mercury manual says not to use a lithium for starting. I believe it has to do with the draw when starting and lithiums ability to supply that. I may not have understood your question.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks