Lighthouse - Saturday July 7

FisherPrice

Thought we would try longpoint today as I expected Burwell would be a a very busy place.

Left the TP marina at 7:30am and headed to the elbow area.

Rather rough ride out given the very low east wind. (hate east winds:)

We had limited luck at the elbow. 1 pic and sevral knockoff's.

Went south to the tip of the point and we got into them. There was a very obvious mud line that seemed to hold the fish. The fish were shallow in the column. Nothing we caught was below 35' down, fishing 60-80.

Lost two monsters, unsure of what they were but not walleyes.

What a beauty day out there. Wind dropped and made for a great trip home.

Attachments

• IMG_4272.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 138
You are correct stomp. At that time it was my my fathers boat handle. Back in those days it was a salmon bonanza out there at the point. Times have changed for sure. I still have the dodgers and fly's we used to tow around.

You are correct stomp. At that time it was my my fathers boat handle. Back in those days it was a salmon bonanza out there at the point. Times have changed for sure. I still have the dodgers and fly's we used to tow around.
Remember those days well @FisherPrice and I too still have the collection of dodgers and flies. Recall how we were sometimes disappointed to have a deep-set rigger go off only to reel in a smallmouth bass. Was a real smorgasboard out there back in the day.

Was near the light house sat afternoon as well. Fished 38-42fow. Fished 5-8:00pm. Marked a fair amount but only boated 2 eyes. Lots of silvers. Was running 6 colour and #3dispy with harnesses.

Nice work J_corr

We ran 7 and 10 color lead core on a planner board, with riggers and flat lines as well. I believe the lead core (7-10) was to deep as we only managed a couple fish on them. The plain old flat lines with a deep diver and/or erie deerie type setup actually did the best. Riggers only hit at 35 and above in 60-80fow. The thermocline is only at 35' out there (tip area), thus, that is where the fish were holding.

Every day is different out there however.

Do u think on my fish finder I’m seeing thermocline at 35 ft I thought it was
1EF4A4B3-22DD-4E00-991A-B47E57B17789.png

Last edited:
That a good possibility. My graph will show it on certain days but I have to increase the sensitivity. Even on Saturday we could see it at some points but not others. It disappeared when we went into that murky water. Running a Helix DI.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks