Light perch bite

can't miss

Here from many on this site, how light the perch bite is, I agree. I normally fish the traditional pic rig, sinker just on bottom, tight line straight to rod. Many bite's but missed alot?
What worked for me yesterday, let the sinker hit bottom, sit, wait for bite, then slowly lift up a foot or two, soon as slightest resistance, set hook. It's was like they would hold the bait without committing?
Maybe just a fluke, but seemed to work for me, even a few doubles?
Also most were hooked in the front roof/top of mouth, maybe someone has a theory on that?

This is how we fish all the time
Very small chunks of minnows so they have the hook in their mouth when we feel weight on the line
any tap on the line , set the hook

You couldn't take the words out of my mouth any better.
Light for sure!!! They made us work for them yesterday. We Still managed 70 ish good ones . But I don't mind when there finicky , no double headers just one by one :) nice to see erie was nice to everyone yesterday .

Cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks