Light fresh lunch...

I make my own cheese sauce.

In a medium size pot……

Bring 3 cups of milk to a boil…keep an eye on it, stirring occasionally….you don’t want to scorch it, nor do you want it to boil over…..(use any milk you wish)

Once boiling, thicken with a standard roux, bring back to a boil stirring constantly

Once it boils again, reduce heat, add shredded cheese of your choice. I usually use a combination of marble, cheddar, mozza, and then a little sprinkle of grated parmesan at the end (a little less than the amount you’d use on a plate of spaghetti.)

I then thin the sauce with white wine to desired consistency and add seasonings and let simmer on low heat until ready to serve stirring occasionally. Seasonings I use:

Cayenne Pepper (a pinch or two)
Tabasco Sauce (no more than 4 drops)
1TBSP lemon juice.

Depending on the saltiness of the cheese used, I rarely, if ever add any salt, only if necessary.

Yummy
I’m really hoping to get into some bows on Sunday so I can get one on the bbq again!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks