Leamington eyes

Quinner_81

great day trolling leamington today. Weather was beautiful, fish were biting, I was smiling. We threw lots back - and kept some that I'm sure some of you experienced fisherman would laugh at! But we're new to this so we had a blast!

Attachments

• IMG_2515.JPG
    IMG_2515.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2516.JPG
    IMG_2516.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 277
Nothing there to laugh at, that's a great day fishing anytime. Thanks for the report and glad you had fun. :)

Quinner- What were you using and where in Leamington! I am down there in 2-wks on June 13th. ! Thanks Walleyeman!

Quinner- What were you using and where in Leamington! I am down there in 2-wks on June 13th. ! Thanks Walleyeman!
We headed east toward 'the gates' (we had no idea what 'th gates' were but we headed left out of the marina where the guy pointed!). We followed his advice and trolled chartreuse worm harnesses with bottom bouncers, 150 ft back at 2.5 km. Bigger hooks set the bigger fish. We also landed some decent sized perch and some bass that put up great fights (can't wait for bass season!). My trolling rod got the biggest fish but my smaller spinning rod hooked another big female.

How deep of water were you fishing in and how long are your leads with respect to your harness to B.B.! Thanks again and Great Report Quinner! Walleyeman.

How deep of water were you fishing in and how long are your leads with respect to your harness to B.B.! Thanks again and Great Report Quinner! Walleyeman.

Hmm. Let's see if I can answer this (all this fishing stuff is somewhat new to me). We were in approx 30-35 fow. On both of my rods I had a flouro leader the length of the pole. Then a swivel. Then the bottom bouncer (one painted white and one orange) I would say the length from bb to harness was approx 3-3.5 ft. Does that sound right? They were just cheap harnesses from CT.

That's great of you to take your husband fishing! Nice boat too. How much sweet talking did it take to let you buy that? :D

That's great of you to take your husband fishing! Nice boat too. How much sweet talking did it take to let you buy that? :D
Hahahah. Would you believe me if I said we both wanted to buy a boat at the same time and finally realized life's too short to wait?! I'm pretty sure we were both shocked too. Now the only thing we fight over is who is manning the motor and who gets to sit back and catch fish! Guess from my pics you can tell who had motor duty that day. Good guy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks