Lake Ontario newbie

PlanB

Thinking about going to Lake O this weekend. Haven't fished there in 30 years. Looking for some help from the awesome 68 members experienced at lake o. Right now I am looking at going to port credit for Saturday afternoon fish. Stay the night and fish Sunday morning, hoof her back to London to beat traffic around 3. I am hoping to get some ideas on lures, depths, and any other suggestions folks may have. I know it's a lot to ask, ideas would be greatly appreciated, totally flexible on location.

Fished near Bronte 3 mornings early this week . 60-120' fow
Tons of fish to be had in just a few hours each morning .
Not sure if the Credit is the same or not !

Thanks Marko, would be more than willing to go to Bronte. Did you launch there, any lure tips would be appreciated. I have attached a picture of a picture of the last beast I caught at Lake Ontario. Yes long before digital stuff! We had a great trip back then landing 22 fish including this 38 pounder. I am sure there are bigger ones waiting for us.

20170914_183309.jpg

Fishermans Pier under the skyway was where I launched . 10-15 min trip to Bronte . Mostly spoons on dipseys and riggers w/ cheater .
Flasher or SD and fly took a few . Almost any colour spoon worked but silver , green , white and pink worked fastest

Thinking about going to Lake O this weekend. Haven't fished there in 30 years. Looking for some help from the awesome 68 members experienced at lake o. Right now I am looking at going to port credit for Saturday afternoon fish. Stay the night and fish Sunday morning, hoof her back to London to beat traffic around 3. I am hoping to get some ideas on lures, depths, and any other suggestions folks may have. I know it's a lot to ask, ideas would be greatly appreciated, totally flexible on location.
I was out this past sunday afternoon out of Oakville and my friends went back Tuesday.
lots of salmon and baitballs .
I generally just troll around straight out from river mouth. I usually setup in 65 fow and troll out to 150 and then work what ever area that produced or marked the most fish. 95-125 has produced well for us lately. 50 and 75 has been the target depth for riggers , 150-220 back for dipsy's.
I have had most luck with spoons this year.
best producers have been : Blue Chilly Willy, Pink Alewife, Orange monkey puke, Wonderbread, JJ Mac Muffin, And a black/ white similar too Michael Jackson (think its a black chilly willy ) usually gets at least 1 fish ever trip

Brought in some mixed size kings there over the last few weeks. One was a new personal best at 25lbs and some others around 15lb. Lots of small ones. Spoon of choice for me has been a blue fox matrix - dark blue with some lime green. I'm pretty new to fishing Ontario myself. Launched out of Oakville harbour ($17.50) since bronte is closed. After launched headed towards bronte (not far) and you can usually start to find the baitschools around 80fow and adjust according but we spent time around 120 fow with baits down around 40-60. Goodluck!

0B5E26316CD28ADF909D4B42723E3EEA-01.jpeg 20170820_163537_001-08.jpeg20170820_200823_001-01.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. Fished from 10 to 3, didn't find the big ones but went 7 for 12. A couple around 10lbs, rest a little smaller. We ended up out front of Port Credit most fish in 280 feet 50 feet down some on sliders. Pink alewife and bloody death got all the fish. All fish caught on 1 rod. Still a great day, lots of boats, some big charter boats out there. Thanks again for everyones input.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks