Lake O. salmon report

icefisherman

Took the boys with me and did a half day trip down to Port Credit.
Started slow for the first 2 hrs but picked up after that...still not the normal hot bite we have this time of the season but this is not normal season to begin with....

Anyhow....7/12 today....half/half Kings and Cohos...no bows today...
2 big twins at 23 Lbs each....few smaller cohos and kings.
All but one fish all came on the wire dipsy with fly....
As I was about to leave and only had one rigger rod in the water bammmm...zinnngggggg....the second 23 lbs-er hit on a spoon....Nice low wind...some flies but not too bad...lots of boats out there but radio chatter was telling me most had tough day.
Fish are shallow....and not many of them in one spot....pick one here...another there...even circling the same area doesn't produce more fish....
Hope for more stable weather....finally as the season is not in the right track so far.

Few shots from the day...Kids were working together but still struggling to keep the big king off the floor for couple seconds so I can snap the picture.

20130608_120941_zpseef24121.jpg

20130608_081819_zps96e06f43.jpg

20130608_121246_zps8ae09fad.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Wicked lamprey hit on that one fish there. How were the others? Other than that nice clean fish for sure. Way to go !!!!

The rest were very clean silver fish. Full of energy too. This one must have had a lamprey on as I was bringing it in but lost it before the net.
Anyways, it went back to grow bigger but free of the invader.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Very decent Emil!
At least you could fish for a while without worrying about exceeding your limit....if I remember correctly, last year at this time we switched lures by mid morning so we could CATCH LESS fish and keep on fishing. That's not normal Emil. I think 2012 will go down as one of your best years ever.
See you tomorrow, Arnie

Great report. We fished 50 on Friday, fish scattered everywhere in the column. Managed to pick up a couple but It was slow. The fish we did pick up were in 100 - down 60-65 off riggers on purple/blue NKs. Full of energy, sure fight great this time of year.

On Tuesday, we marked quite a few in 80ft all sticking in 30-35ft, and everything caught came off the dipseys. Might giver Port C a whirl one night after work this week.

image.jpg - JWalsh with a nice 20lb'r

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks