Fishing Report Kids fishing spot

John

Anyone know a good fishing spot for children. One where i can sit in a lawn chair and put a worm on and let a 3 yr and 5 yr old fish? Did waterford ponds. Not looking for secret spots. Only need to catch bass perch sunfish etc no canoe or boat and i dont feel safe on a pier with them
Any help?

Hi John Iam not sure if they stocked seaforth pond with trout but if you wanna try there .Its on the left when you are coming into town from Mitchell.Its a park like setting with a kids play area nearby.

Hi thanks ive actually been there but looking for something around the simcoe waterford port dover area

Port Rowan dock area. On the west side, picnic tables washrooms. Soon as it stop raining and the water warms up should be OK. enjoy!

Agreed, Port Rowan is a kid friendly area. Lots of space, piles of panfish for the kids & nice new well maintained wheelchair accessible washrooms with flushing toilets (y)

Fished there last summer with a couple of my Nieces kids... simple worm, bobber and the kids had a great time. As EV says we got lots of sunfish, some blue gills and the odd cat fish and small mouth. Added bonus was the chip wagon was there so when the kids were hungry had lunch right there. Good spot.

Yo John; $80.00 is cost of season pass to all four conservation Areas Deer Creek is good fishing. Backus is good for kids with other things to do , see and a swimming pool. Not sure about Hay creek or Norfolk? Conservation Areas.

End of 2nd Ave I think on Long point there is a fenced in public area between some boat houses. There is a pick nick table to sit at, and a garbage can. Great safe place to take kids.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks