Just a thought, nothing more.

Stick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
What ever happened to "I'm going fishing xxxday, period?"

"I don't care what the weatherman says, what moon phase it is, what the latest reports on the internet are, or anyone elses opinions are including my psychic for that matter, I'm just going fishing!"

What happened to that?

Just a thought, nothing more.

Stick

DSC00152.jpg
"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Holy Mackeral Stick, my wife just complained about that very same thing. How come we haven't gone fishing for the last 2 weeks? I reminded her about the lousy weekend weather patterns, including tomorrows high wind warning and Saturdays gloomy thunderstorm forecast and she just glowered at me. Is it possible to get cabin fever in June? Looks like I'll be floating around the Bay this weekend, like it or not.
Jeff

Stick......didn't say I wouldn't go on a "no fish day" lol
The old saying "a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work" is the best "old saying" that anyone has ever come up with!!
NOW...if someone could explain that to my wife.......I'll take you with me!!!!!

Bogz

I go when I have time and it isnt too windy. So far this thats only been about 5 times.

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

HEADING FOR WALLEYE IN THE MORNING OUT OF BRUCE THE MOST I CAN DO IS BURN UP SOME FUEL. I AGREE SO I TOOK THE NEXT FEW DAYS OFF TO SPEND LOTS OF TIME ON THE WATER. HOPE TO SEE LOTS OF BOATS OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND.
GOD LUCK TO ALL
:D

"ERIE" FEELING
Craiger

Unfortunately Stick, for those of us who fish Lake Erie from boats, we are totally at the mercy of Mother Nature and the Wind gods. I wish it was so simple to just schedule in a time and place and be gone but it just ain't so. We had planned to go perchin' last evening but with the thunder storms and hail in the area, Operation Yellowbelly had to be postponed.

I fish whenever I can get away from the kids and the house. I fish from shore so I'm not so much at the mercy of the weather but at the whims of the fish. They've been staying out in the deeper water this year, not a lot have been caught from shore. But I don't pay too much attention to the moon and weather and such. I fish when I can and it's better than sitting at home.

Right on G.Mech, Stick, he being a River Rat, doesn't likely worry much about the odd ripple or lightning strike when down in the valley; different story on the big water.:D

quote:
Originally posted by G.Mech

Unfortunately Stick, for those of us who fish Lake Erie from boats, we are totally at the mercy of Mother Nature and the Wind gods. I wish it was so simple to just schedule in a time and place and be gone but it just ain't so. We had planned to go perchin' last evening but with the thunder storms and hail in the area, Operation Yellowbelly had to be postponed.

It's not catching fish that is enjoyable but simply the act of fishing. {But catching fish ain't all that bad either}

quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

I fish whenever I can get away from the kids and the house. I fish from shore so I'm not so much at the mercy of the weather but at the whims of the fish. They've been staying out in the deeper water this year, not a lot have been caught from shore. But I don't pay too much attention to the moon and weather and such. I fish when I can and it's better than sitting at home.

Have you considered changing into the LadyInCamo?

quote:
Originally posted by stomp

quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

Have you considered changing into the LadyInCamo?

ROFL, I actually was wearing camo yesterday!

Didn't help. :D

I did get crapped on by a seagull though....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks