Insulated blanket for Traeger

Outdorman

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
has anyone used an insulated blanket for traegers for cold weather? Are they worth the trouble? I'm considering one for my Tailgater in case anyone has one laying around. Not available at Traeger anymore, have to find new old stock. There are aftermarket but prefer Traeger. Part number is BAC346, Amazon has one that is not OEM but it in stock.

thank you

A friend of mine has a Traeger type of smoker (Broil King). He has trouble getting it hot enough in winter like with the real Traeger. But he just puts a folded wool blanket over it, nothing fancy, whatever he dug up in the closet or second hand. He doesn't worry about the ends or wrapping it under, and it does the job.

The key is wool- try that with some polyester fleece thing and it'll melt right on there.

Since I use my smoker year round I put a blanket on mine about now every year to help with heat retention and steady smokes. I purchased a Kevlar welding blanket off Amazon that was the right size to fold double and perfectly wrapped from just below the door on the front, under the belly and all the way back around onto the door. Used 6 powerful neodymium magnets 2 on the front lip, two on the back rear and 2 on the door. This wraps the grill 360 around leaving only the two ends exposed. Made a huge improvement, was cheap and completely fireproof so never need to worry about it going overnight. Dug thru my photos but did see any pics of it on from previous years. Dead simple to put on and take off with the magnets.

I have used an old moving blanket draped over it in the winter for several years now similar to what octavius brine said but may go to RJMP's alternative !

I like all your ideas but sadly the Tailgater doesn't have a chimney just slots at the back of the lid. I guess I could cut slots in the fabric. It does sound like I should have one for keeping the temp consistent.

my last 321 ribs we not as fall of the bone as usual and I wonder if it is because it used more pellets and was almost constantly in the heating mode.

Lots of guys use welding blankets. I've heard they don't do well in the rain though. We didn't notice any difference last winter with our traeger. Unfortunately they don't make one for our model even if we did want one.

well, I'm going to try after market on Amazon. It has the slots pre cut for the smoke to get out the back of the barrel or I would have just gone with a blanket. thanks all for your help, I'll shoot a quick post when I try it covered.

well, I'm going to try after market on Amazon. It has the slots pre cut for the smoke to get out the back of the barrel or I would have just gone with a blanket. thanks all for your help, I'll shoot a quick post when I try it covered.
I just ordered one of the Amazon ones for my pit boss. Black Friday sale. Any word on how yours worked out so far?

not yet but I will post as soon as I smoke something. It does fit really well and seems to be a quality item, pictures soon.

Lol @hvyhaul maybe she doesn’t want you to start nodding off in a very long nap from the smoke and carbon monoxide in there?

Personally I like it. Beats brushing snow off your stuff!

No fear of that @Octavius Brine the lower eve is open and the room is vented on the far side against the wall at the top.

Keeps the room almost still inside and after a while relatively comfortable.

There's a window into the garage and although it's closed, the garage smells incredible for days after. LoL 🌻

Nice! Sounds like a good place to hang out and cook. Maybe she wants you to upgrade it with permanent glass or fibreglass panels :)

And Yeah, I love the bbq flashbacks you get days later:ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks