Huntsville

Doe lake is ok in fall in front of girl guide camp n in the narrows there's a public boat launch on hwy 518 towards sprucedale the public launch in Katrine is very shallow[/QUOT

Would you stop to have a picnic on a highway? If not then why would you fish in those narrows let alone tell someone that hasn't been to the lake to fish in a spot where boats cant get off plane and would be coming within feet of you.

Hey it's 5 o'clock somewhere, but this cheap old man took advantage of the earlybird special(y)

Stayed at the Deerhurst last night, got up early to try my luck at the docks here. Catching little buggers. Heading out to try a few other spots.....IMG_20170927_084456.jpgIMG_20170927_084731.jpgIMG_20170927_084736.jpg

After navigating the goose land mine dock at Deerhurst, I went into town for a few casts but no luck. IMG_20170927_113245.jpg

Stopped into complete bait & tackle in Huntsville he steered me to the public launch at Tally Ho beach, decent dock and launch pad. IMG_20170927_110605.jpg

I was pitching lures for a while before that coldfront & storm blew in. Helped out a fellow SW Ontarian (from St Marys) get his boat to the dock and onto his trailer before mother nature opened up. From extreme heat to cold & rain in 24hrs. Crazy weather, but had a blast. Amazing scenery and barely any tourist up there right now

Glad to hear you took the boat, beautiful part of Ontario. Folks had a cottage on Lake of Bays for many years.

Always loved spending time up there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks