hunting info needed

Squid31

I've been asked to go hunting with friends this year but I don't know much about it what is needed to go can I borrow a gun do I need to take a course of some sort looking at next year cause its more than likely to late for this years deer hunt any help would be appreciated

NO , you can't borrow a gun to shoot a deer. You need a license to hunt anything in Ontario. You need to take two courses. PAL which is your firearms acquisition and possession and then apply to RCMP to be given the license. Takes around 3 months. You also need to take your hunter ed course in order apply for your Outdoors card...hunter version. Then you need additional individual tags for each species. I just did all of it....this isn't like america...they dont just let anyone run around with guns in this country.....lol

Actually if he takes the hunting course and gets all his licences he can at arms reach use a gun to hunt. But he must always be arms reach of an 18 plus pal holder.He can also hunt with a bow for anything he holds licence for as long as it's not during a controlled hunt for that species.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks