How's the Ice?

ch312

I haven't seen any reports lately. Has everyone given up on LPB?

Any reports on the ice conditions?

Was out yesterday after I got some minnows didn't go out very far , no fish but found a nice Williams Wobbler, That'd be a St Williams Wobbler. Anyway ice is fine. Two guys out today ,one is out a mile or so.

Took a look the other day and there was still one lonely hut way out there. It looked like it was lifted pretty high on runners. Hopefully the owner can retrieve it.

Was out yesterday and the ice was good, wish I could say that about the fishing, east wind is our excuse:rolleyes:.
3 of us caught about a dozen iffy keepers
Saw a few others out as well.
Be careful out there, there is a few iffy spots we walked around, the shore is getting a little soft. Still one hut is still on the bay and 2 on ice at shore.

Awesome, thanks. How thick was the ice? What shore access usually lasts the longest?

I didn't get any replies Monday night so I decided to head to Cooks Bay in search of crappie and last ice jumbo's. Turns out the long winter and/or the east wind yesterday (I'll use that one too Farmer!) is keeping the crappie and jumbo's scattered in deeper water and a good stretch of warm weather will bring them in. I caught well over 100 dinks by 1 pm, but the jumbo's or crappie just couldn't be found from 4 to 35 fow.

"Awesome, thanks. How thick was the ice? What shore access usually lasts the longest?"

A good foot of black ice more to the east but to the west it was a little slushier soft ice.
Can't say about what shore line lasts the longest, probably both goes about the same. We went out of St. Williams.
We went way out, coming in I tried a few spots in closer, nothing.
As I say, that was yesterday, tomorrow could be different, you know how that goes.
Good luck if you get out.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks