How goes the coyote hunt?

Damdog

Anybody been out for coyotes, is the lack of snow slowed this down?

The lack of snow and work has really slowed my yote hunting way down! Haha hopefully be out this week before dusk or at least Saturday. New property to hunt up in Wiarton just came available so hopefully results to post real soon!!(y)

Went out three times last week and shot 2, and had a third get by a newbie at 40 yds with him watching instead of shooting the shotgun. This yote came out onto the field behind us and took off across the field running and was about 400 yds when I was able to shoot at him because of road and house. Needless to say I missed, but was still fun. We use electric callers and sit and wait.

I am getting a few on my cameras that I leave out year round. Just pulled this card today.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 64
Went out cherry pickin on Saturday with buddy . Knew Sunday would be better . Buddy shot one and saw 2 more . Didn't see squat on Saturday .

Local group around here, ( Ingersoll ), seem to be doing well. I don't hunt with them, just get a kick listening in on the 2 way. Saturday seem's to be their best group turn out of hunters. They seem to get 2 or 3 coyotes each time out, with some days 5 to 7 or more. They,ve gotten a few out of our bush so far this year, but judging by the tracks around here, there's alot more out there?
I'm up way to early, here coyotes howling most mornings, and when I do the old guy slow creep to Tim's, I'm usually the first down our back road and always see fresh tracks in many spots.

Local group around here, ( Ingersoll ), seem to be doing well. I don't hunt with them, just get a kick listening in on the 2 way. Saturday seem's to be their best group turn out of hunters. They seem to get 2 or 3 coyotes each time out, with some days 5 to 7 or more. They,ve gotten a few out of our bush so far this year, but judging by the tracks around here, there's alot more out there?
I'm up way to early, here coyotes howling most mornings, and when I do the old guy slow creep to Tim's, I'm usually the first down our back road and always see fresh tracks in many spots.
Can't Miss .Only saw 3 tracks last Saturday and they all looked like they were made in the night . We were just driving around and did one push at one of the favorite spots ( that's where I saw the one track ) . Everyone folded , so it was just 2 of us . Think I'm gonna bring the hand call along next time . We run out of Simcoe area and usually Saturdays .

Didn't here the local gang around here on the radio's early this am, so went walk about with rabbit distress call. Second screaming set up, just out back of property, two, maybe three came in fast. Got the first one, maybe the second, need a bigger gun?
Local group chimed in over the radio, let them know where I was at and had seen, they showed up with 4 dogs and a army of blocker's. Well established group. They got 2 more, with one more moving to the next block, radio out of range after that. By then I was just watching with bino's, but great hunt?
Fast when it happen's

Didn't here the local gang around here on the radio's early this am, so went walk about with rabbit distress call. Second screaming set up, just out back of property, two, maybe three came in fast. Got the first one, maybe the second, need a bigger gun?
Local group chimed in over the radio, let them know where I was at and had seen, they showed up with 4 dogs and a army of blocker's. Well established group. They got 2 more, with one more moving to the next block, radio out of range after that. By then I was just watching with bino's, but great hunt?
Fast when it happen's
Went to the gun show on Sunday and scored a " new in the box " Fox Pro " for $100 . Think I just tipped the coyote scales in my favor ! Oh about the bigger gun ... Not sure when but I'm looking around for a left hand .243 win to take the place of my Weatherby Vanguard 2 . This gun shoots great off the bench with 58 gr. Hornady's , but I'm a lefty shooting a right hand gun and the follow up shots are hard even with sticks . If the boy doesn't want it ,I will probably sell it . Only has 2 boxes through it. Just hate to sell it till I find another gun that will handle 58 gr. bullets .

Last edited:
First chance (and maybe last "weather " ) since . Saw 2 . First was a gimmie at 300 plus but he didn't pull the trigger . 2nd was out there over 400 and obstructions . He just trotted off to the bush . Otherwise nice day for a nature walk . 5 deer and scads of turkeys and geese . ZIPPIDY - DO - DAH !!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks