Hevi-Shot 3" Turkey Load

Tacklebuster

It was a knee-jerk reaction when I bought these, and for some reason, I didn't notice that these are 3" shells. It's a bit of a pricy mistake, I paid just over $55 for them and can't use them because my shotgun only shoots 2 3/4". Nobody in my group can use either because they all have 20G shotguns.

If anyone is interested, I am in the Burlington area.

Thanks,

Walt

Attachments

• heavy-shot.jpg
    heavy-shot.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20221013_134132741.jpg
    PXL_20221013_134132741.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 41
The shells are expensive, but the turkey is organic, lol.

Actually, I bought them because my Auto 5 has a modified cylinder and I can't get a choke attached. Apparently, these shoot very well through a modified, with a tight pattern. I bought them as soon as I saw them, only noticing when I got home that they were 3". It was supposed to be cheaper than a new full-choke barrel for $700, but that didn't go as planned. Does anyone want to buy a 12GA Browning Auto 5 - 2 3/4", lol?

Hey @Tacklebuster

My semi auto SX4 in camo I have for sale just recently in the classifieds. It will cycle and shoot those Hevi shot 3 inch shells super fast. I have used the Hevi shot steel in my SX4 successfully. I liked using the 3 inch (challengers) and for high flyer ducks pass shooting with the modified choke. I posted a number of duck report limits on the site. The gun also comes with full choke & improved cylinder.
Some don't realize Browning bought and owns Winchester and makes the SX4 and the chokes.

Just to share I took a long and hard look at semi auto shotguns before I bought one. The performance for a purchase was most important, and including reliabilty. My timing was perfect. I was more then satisfied with my choice and purchase with the SX4. I encourage anybody to go to the gun shops and see how they feel and compare.

if you get a chance, go on the winchester website.

The box of shells is like an onion,....there are layers. @Eugene Jones your math is correct for what is visible, but just like fishing, one needs to look deeper.
There are only five shells in that box... It says so on the bottom right of the label. This is no onion.....

There are only five shells in that box... It says so on the bottom right of the label. This is no onion.....
You are correct, I need remedial reading comprehension classes.

Your Welcome Tacklebuster..just to share

I went to the sail store in Cambridge, I looked at the browning the berreta and the SX4... the determining factors at the end for me was with the SX4 ...the feel, the rear site choice.. and the speed of the swing with the 26 inch barrel.. that was the buy button for me..and the bottom line price...bonus..

I was a successful shotgunner with lead ammo for years..pump action.. started with a new mossberg 12 guage at age 18..and went on with the household name Remington 870 express in 12, 20 and 410 guages...those older models were the nice stocks not quite as lusterous as the wingmaster..the performance was just as good.. I kept upto and days exceeded buddys with there semis..

I never ever thought I would go to a semi auto.. there was no need to...but my temptation for action built up..including with the improved waterfowl steel shot loads, and i am glad I did..I had some great duck hunting experiences..I am good now with laying down the gun powder, and my successful and satisfyed big game hunts as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks