Half Family Cook

hvyhaul

Been interesting with Rogers down, Treager app neads the internet to function,, so no feedback from the 885. Everything done and read at panel. I knew it had to have hydro my fear it would need internet just to run.

Meater works in house but of course no cloud.

Amazon is just as reliable as always.

Here's where things are, on at 1930, up at 0145 to reorganize meat. Up at 0215 when the internet came to life and my phone lost its mind..

Wrapped at 0630.

Now I wait, probe thermopen in pocket while I work on the smoker baked beans.

panned.jpg2ofthem.jpgb4wrap.jpg

Last edited:
Decent results, everybody lied to me and raved about the brisket and beans.

Am I really so needy? LOL (naw it was a good result) 😁

Nice variety pot luck table.

Going to try and get the others here in September, 26 made it for this one.

Had my first grease fire in the 885 today. Not surprised, the two briskets were super fatty and one dumped down the back when I went to move it to the cooler.

Into the cooler at 11 30, starting slicing at 15 30

table.jpgspread.jpg

Sounds like everyone who was here today will try to make the next one for another plate of brisket and a package to take home. 🌻

Butcher paper, two strips overlapped and then edges folded in while rolling and wrapped as tight as possible. 🌻

Food for thought.....

1 brisket came off at 199*, the other stayed on for a bit. When I squeezed and probed it a little later I decided to pull it off at 181*.

Both were almost equal in tenderness and moisture.

Had I waited till the "chosen temperature" they would have been overdone, falling apart point and dry flat.

Four hours resting in the box didn't hurt either, they were resting in a lake almost submerged in juice/fat. 🌻

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks