Gobble Gobble....Not long now!!

bassaholic

Well boys and girls the time is almost upon us again! Opening day is a mere 5 days out!! Gun is patterned, gear is dusted off and the day off work is booked :D. Scouted my spot out and I've seen numerous tracks, dust bowls, some hens and jakes but I'm hoping the big ol' Toms won't be far behind them come Monday!!

Anyone else itchin' to get out there at the crack of dawn or is it just me!?! Definitely one of my favourite times of year!! Good luck to all and be safe!

Well boys and girls the time is almost upon us again! Opening day is a mere 5 days out!! Gun is patterned, gear is dusted off and the day off work is booked :D. Scouted my spot out and I've seen numerous tracks, dust bowls, some hens and jakes but I'm hoping the big ol' Toms won't be far behind them come Monday!!

Anyone else itchin' to get out there at the crack of dawn or is it just me!?! Definitely one of my favourite times of year!! Good luck to all and be safe!

Your not alone, my definite favourite time of the year, gotta shoot the crossbow on Sunday but after 9 years I'm sure it will be right where it has been since the day I bought it. Took holidays for it.

Monday's booked off for me too, looking forward to the grind to fill both tags! Trolling season doesn't start until the tags are filled!

I got out Monday morning but set up of the wrong side of the Toms. Saw 3 hens set off toward the Toms from across the other edge of field. Bummer. But wow the one Tom was fired up at 5:30 am gobbling every 3 to 5 minutes. Back out tomorrow or Sunday morning.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks