Geese Oct 14/11

B

Big Dave

We went out to a local pond last night for the evening shoot.

It all happened in 15 minutes,
What a blast!

Geese2011.jpg

BD

duckman Posted - 10/16/2011 : 19:46:42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The pond u took from guys who have Hunted there for 30 years u have no ahame

Duckman, Big Dave never said where 'local' was so why 'assume' and bash a guy for having a good hunt and sharing it with others. Is every 'local' pond owned by the same people? Or are you just siding with an upset person who has made an opening day hunting event into a personal thing, and is seeking support from his peers when he was in the wrong that day, not us? Why assume that this posted hunt was at the same pond?
That pond you are referring to, nobody took the lands from anyone, they have changed ownership and people will have to accept change. Big Dave, myself and a third party that day had written permission to be there from the new current management; we did not know who the previous family that owned it was, nor should it matter. You and the previous 30 year pond hunters are the ones who should be ashamed. People can't change ownership of lands and then still expect it to be their families private properties; and have the audacity to bash others publically for being on that property when they have permission to be there. How would you like it if you were hunting on permissioned lands and someone harrassed you?(Mild statement of the events that occured) It was quite a discouraging event to take a youth out hunting only to have to explain that the kind of actions displayed that day were wrong and are rare.
Duckman, if this was the same pond, so what? And if it wasn't, so what? What gives you the right to assume and bash others? All I will say is that we had permission to be on 'this' pond this weekend, so I will let you all worry and try to figure it out. Just know your facts before making judgement and posting it on a forum. The opening day pond event you refer to had nothing to do with you, so please let it be; we did. Don't make things personal where personal doesn't belong and don't get involved and make public reference to things when you were not there.
I have not mentioned or bashed any names or hunting areas involved in this opening day issue that you have made reference to against this weekend’s goose hunt that Big Dave has posted. If you wish to pursue this discussion, just don’t forget, there are always two sides to the story and usually the one doing the whining does not always speak the truth when seeking support of others. The facts are the facts; rumours and opinions are just that.

Safe and happy hunting.

Justify it any way you want three generations of hunters hunted that pond for 30 years yes you do have permission to hunt it and have every rite to be their but this is typical big Dave you must be new to long point

quote:
Originally posted by duckman

Justify it any way you want three generations of hunters hunted that pond for 30 years yes you do have permission to hunt it and have every rite to be their but this is typical big Dave you must be new to long point

Let me get this straight. Three generations hunted a private pond and then the property was sold. The new owners gave permission to someone else and now the previous owners are upset they don't have exclusive rights. Yes, I would say that Uncle Gadget justified it just fine!

Duckman, do you realize you just said that "typical big Dave" is to be in the "rite"? I assume you mean right and that what you said is not what you mean based on your previous statement. You might want to stop posting before you dig an even deeper hole.

Paul

No the guys still have permission and was granted permission when owner ship changed a cooperation owns it

quote:
Originally posted by duckman

No the guys still have permission and was granted permission when owner ship changed a cooperation owns it

My hat's off to any corporation that allows hunting on their lands; and my hat's off to any landowner that allows multiple hunters to use their lands. If there's one thing I think we're struggling with in southern Ontario, it's finding land for the average guy to use.

duckman Posted - 10/18/2011 : 06:33:35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duckman, I have some more questions for you, not opinions.
What makes you assume I am new to Long Point, or where you asking me a question, and if so, what does it really matter how long I or my family have been here? If I am old or new to the point, does this mean change is bad?

It’s the 20th century, society, the environment, culture, lifestyle, everything is changing. These people changed ownership of their lands, it was not TAKEN from them, they were part of the change, and everyone including themselves have or will benefit in different ways.

The facts are, that permission is permission and we were in the right that opening day. Just like the other group of hunters who were there on a different part of the pond in the morning. The lands are huge, and can and WILL sustain more hunters than just the 3 generation guys. Its just a matter of time.

So your quoted saying 'yes you do have permission to hunt it and have every rite to be their but this is typical Big Dave' .....based on the facts I posted that you replied to, are you implying that he is the kind of guy who seeks out new lands, gains permission to be on property, hunts within his rights, takes a youth out hunting, wants to enjoy what nature has offered EVERYONE...... but is the kind of guy some people just **** on because they don't like change.......? Is this what typical Big Dave means?
If I am wrong please correct me and justify your statement.

Are you also implying "justify it any way you want 3 generations of hunters hunted that pond for 30yrs" that it’s ok for 3 generation people to disobey the law and harass others for their gain just because they don't like change?
Please correct me and justify your statement.

As for this past weekend, you assumed that it was us on that same pond, "The pond u took from guys who have Hunted there for 30 years u have no ahame", but you again are wrong.
Again please justify you statement.

Remember, this discussion is only referring to the discussions of the geese post, your attack on it, your mention of a taken pond and now your support of 3 generation peoples actions.
These are the only topics that I wish to debate because these topics are the only ones that YOU have brought up for debate that I am a part of.

Please respond with facts pertaining to these topics to prove Big Dave, myself, and future others, where we were in the wrong that opening day or this past weekend.

The plug is out, I have 4 shells left.......

Safe and happy hunting........

I'd just like to thank Big Dave for taking out those geese!
that'll be less goose crap me and the family will step in next time we go to simcoe duck park and fatten up all the mallards:D
nice pic, keep up the good work dave!
I do have a question for duckman though, how many generations does my family need to keep everyone else out of long point bay????

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

Thanks Dicker. The best part of day was U.G and I had a young new hunter out and he got his first banded goose. Band was 2004 in Tillsonburg.

Was a good day.

P.S. Please dont throw me out of Long Point Bay too, I have only been coming here for 48yrs:)

Keep stacking the sky carp, especially with the youngster. Glad you found a sizable bird you can actually hit:0

quote:
Originally posted by Big Dave

Thanks Dicker. The best part of day was U.G and I had a young new hunter out and he got his first banded goose. Band was 2004 in Tillsonburg.

Was a good day.

P.S. Please dont throw me out of Long Point Bay too, I have only been coming here for 48yrs:)

Alaskan
I called the border stay on your own side:D

See ya soon Bud, we will hunt.

BD

Sorry BD but Alaskan has his hands full hunting for lions ,bears tigers etc in Ohio --no time to come up here and show us how to shoot divers .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks