Foundation leak

Fish Whisperer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Any members on 6-8 that repair block foundations, pm me as my house needs repair on the asphalt drive way side of the house.

ive fixed them before the only way ive found to do it right is big down to the foundation remove all the old clear stone and big o tile and replace it. you can pressure wash the walls then glue whats called mel roll a rubber membrane onto the blocks of the total lenght . add that plastic drain clad that looks like egg carton to the walls and back fill. i know lots of people will tell you to just repair the crack but you may need to do it again. this way its done . the big o around your outside of the house should be connected to your sump pump so the water finds an easy path to your pump and not a crack you missed in the wall.

I did foundation repair for 3 years and mudpuppy is right on the money:( alot of work to fix properly with out a mini ex to dig out
repair companies going to cost u like 3500 for a crack repair on a drive way side
if the wall is just block on inside not finished
You could get your tile drain power flushed
then put blue skin on the inside that would realy help
sorry for your luck

Hired a company call The cement guys from London. Came in cut strip down driveway dug out asphalt and side of house to footings. Replaced damaged blocks. Installed new tile . Installed waterproof membrane.repaired damaged window sills.in and out in a day. Great job.all for 1800.

you got off cheap if they did it right .i think the rubber i used in the past was good for at least 50 years. i have fixed them with hyd. cement in the past only because people could not be talked into fixing it right. it will work for a while but what happens if the block beside it cranks and your in the same boat 6 months down the road. nothing worst than a wet bas4ement

Mines bad... The side is abut to a concrete sidewalk around the whole side of the house... Going to cost me a bit. I have that old shitty 3d designer block too seems it's crumbling and turning to sand.

with concret walls we have dug them from the inside dig thru the floor beside the footing and run a big o to the sump pump hole to take the water away ,we did put the rubber sheets on the inside of the walls to keep the walls dry .it worked very well ,,cheaper then digging up your drive way .Dutch

I'm in sand, no sump pump and finished basement...

With all that rain we had couple days ago only seemed to have a slight trickle come in and make it damp under the basement stairs.

Wonder about maybe Leveling the concrete some how and angle it away from the house.

For now I'm just going to re parge a dam around the edge of the concrete and maybe get a couple more years before it gets worse.

I would put some extensions on the eavestrough as well .get as much off the water away from the house as you can ,,this is a big deal and a lot of people should take the time to do this ,,,Dutch

Reactions: M_P
with concret walls we have dug them from the inside dig thru the floor beside the footing and run a big o to the sump pump hole to take the water away ,we did put the rubber sheets on the inside of the walls to keep the walls dry .it worked very well ,,cheaper then digging up your drive way .Dutch

We had leaking at the cold joints..where the concrete wall meets the floor. Our property is really wet, and when it rained, it was a mess. I did the hydraulic patches for a year but it was just a bandaid. We tested the tiles around the house and they were working fine...just overwhelmed?
Rather than dig up the foundation, remove gardens, remove decks, I had a company come in and install a french drain...what Dutch describes. They knocked out 20" of the floor around the inside perimeter of the basement; dug down to below the footings, removing all the gravel, muck, etc; gravel was laid down and graded, big O drain laid, more gravel, floor recemented; big O tied into 2 sump pumps at opposite ends of the house; 3M Delta MS membrane installed to 6' around the entire basement walls tied into the floor drain.
The problem with our basement was water getting trapped under the floor and the pressure was forcing it through the cold joints. Our house foundation was overbuilt because the property is wet, and some of the extra floor stringers caused the water to get compartimentalized. Running the big O relieved the pressure and routed the extra to the sumps.
It was a huge job for the small company..3 guys, all stuff removed in 5 gallon buckets, all new materials brought in the same way. 7 days, $2800. Absolutely the best $$ I've ever spent..should be a standard in every new build. Our basement has been bone dry for 3 years.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks