Fishing spots

Anybody got some spots that work really well for bass in long point

All depends on the time of year, Jishy. Right now, the Thoroughfare and flats are hot.....by next week, the temps will be up....for a few days, they might be sittin' around EC 5 or 3 in the channel....I've found as soon as the water pushes over that 72-75F range, they start heading out to outer bay....either north shore along TP and then as the summer continues, keep heading east. Bluff's is also a good place to head when the water temps increase. Hope that helps.
Ken

yea there should be a pod of boats anchored right in that channel... Using real black leeches i would say is your best and durable bait! double hook your leech and you have a good chance on catching another one off the same leech. It has been the best location for numbers and size for years...I also have a 6 foot vertical hump located in the outerbay...I treasure that location and only fish it a couple times a year...Another gold mine location is that deep hole at the entrance of the channel to the millionaires..You use to be able to fish and pull a limit in minutes but that was years ago...I think you might get shot at if you try fishing there now.

We moved away from the other boats and did really well. I marked off all the areas where shallow (5' or so) drops to deeper and zig zagged up and down. That was a few days ago so who knows now. I may try again tomorrow. Anyways, we also found are average fish size was around 2+lbs which was bigger than when we were drifting the flats.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks