Fish cakes...

jammer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The other day my wife fulfilled a long time promise to make some east coast fish cakes... Salt cod and mashed potatoes were the basic ingredients... I was quality control on this one... :LOL:

Man they were good... :p
322004028_5565299556901156_6407595893852838498_n.jpg321859471_494873739302572_1725066601804542379_n.jpg

D$mn they look good. Be fair to us and ask her to post the recipe in the Gally section. Please.

D$mn they look good. Be fair to us and ask her to post the recipe in the Gally section. Please.
Soak the cod overnight in water... let mashed potatoes cool overnight...

Mix together with egg and salt and pepper... Form into cakes and roll in flour...

Cook in Pork Lard...

Simple simple...

Those look great!!
We routinely make cakes..with walleye esp if theres a bit of freezer burn, and pike...makes great cakes.
I do the fish, onion, bread crumbs,egg, spices version.
Make the patties then dredge them in flour and corn meal then into the pan.
I love them the next day on a bun with some lemon garlic mayo.

Ackee and salt fish.

Loooong time ago a family friend was spending a week at the Lake of Bays cottage. He made this dish, not on the stove, but on an open wood fire in one of the many cast iron pans.

Ate it for days, there were only two of us lol, Fabulous. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks