Fish Cakes Before and After

Trevor M

I decided to take the remaining 2 packages of perch I had from last year out of the freezer and make them into fish cakes, (got 11) then I put them back in the freezer until I'm ready to bread and cook them later tonight. (will be easier to work with them partially frozen when it comes time to bread them)

I also have a package of walleye out that will be my supper tonight. Haven't quite decided what I'll do with that. Probably just batter it since I'll be frying up the perch fishcakes as well for future use.

These are the before pictures of the fishcakes I did today.

Attachments

• Perch Fishcakes April 29 2024 with remainder of 2023 perch from the freezer (1).jpg
    Perch Fishcakes April 29 2024 with remainder of 2023 perch from the freezer (1).jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Perch Fishcakes April 29 2024 with remainder of 2023 perch from the freezer (2).jpg
    Perch Fishcakes April 29 2024 with remainder of 2023 perch from the freezer (2).jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
These are the photos of the perch fishcakes (I used panko on them) and the walleye (battered) after I cooked them (actually just blanched them, will finish them when I have them for a meal. See post titled My Supper tonight) the rest will be put in vac seal bags and used later.

Attachments

• 20240429_181447.jpg
    20240429_181447.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 15
Looks tasty trev
Christmas Chicken GIF by happydog

Yeah they weren't bad ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks