First time out

hamy187

Hey guys, just bought myself a 16ft with a 25 hp and have had it out a few times and ready to give perching a try. Gonna go out of Burwell. Been out a couple times but that's 10 years ago. Can somebody point me in the right direction and what launch is best to go out of. I know there's 2 at the bridge.
Thanks

once you get out of Burwell----head east(left) look for the packs

I'll leave it to the more experienced to caution about picking your days

Thanks.
Which is the best place to launch in Burwell? And get minnows? Is there usually big lineups to launch on a weekend morning.

I havn't been to Burwell in over 20 years.......but if you click on FORUMS in the top left of the screen....you can search for Burwell lauches and any other previous topice that might interest you. I usually fish out of port bruce @ North Erie marina....quick launching and usually have bait, ice, gas (fill your tank)

OK and i'll be the one too say it::: I have a similar boat too you, I am no longer foolish enough to take it out on lake erie other than the inner bay. I do on rare perfect days take it out on Ontario where deep water isn't very far out...and that's still taking a risk.......I've fallin in & out of boats, I've swamped & sunk boats, I've had too sleep in boats before and had too swim / drift 3 miles too shore (full floater suit) All because i didn't know, respect, or understand how powerfull and dangerous big water can be.

I'm not going to tell you or try taking you out of taking that boat out on lake erie, but please " Listen too me know, Hear me later" Use common sense, buy and inflatable lifejacket and wear ...shallow boat very easy too loose footing and fall.

Good luck and happy fishing

I as well am not going to give you a lecture about a small boat on big water, so I won't. What I will say is that if the 16 footer is a deep V you are on the bubble. Please watch ALL the weather reports available with todays tech driven world and pick your days. Go out with an off shore breeze. Watch the wind turbines, if they start shifting from a north to a SSW, SW, W or S wind, high tail it back to port, please.

I just looked at your Sea Nymph, too small for this lake, I would try the inner bay for Bass and try to hitch a ride in a bigger boat or split on a charter with someone like Big Dave to Hastings.

As of today there calling for north winds sunday morning but if not I will listen to the experts and change my plan. Now... Where to launch in the inner bay and a good starting point for fishing. ?

I launch at Old Cut Livery and then head for EC10. Stay in the North Chanel from there go out towards the sand bar and try your luck. If you see the party boat fish where they are. There being paid to find fish so they know the spots. Enjoy your day and good luck

Sounds like a good backup plan if the winds aren't good for the big lake. The perch fishing is good in the inner bay?or would it b better to bring the bass gear?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks