Fire wheel scam

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
BE AWARE!! Buddy contacted me and expressed interest in coming out to look at my older boat beside my new driveshed. Said that he wanted the fire wheel report to read over prior to coming to look at it. Silly me asked where I could get him one? Went to the website, got the report and sent it off to the gentleman who GHOSTED me after I entered my credit card info to pay for the service. Apparently they are contacting anyone with a boat for sale. Asking for this report first. So the number was 613-383-0784 and the email they asked the report to be sent too is kadakhpka@gmail.com. It’s a SCAM so you spend the money on their site for a CarFax boat equivalent.

Attachments

• IMG_4688.png
    IMG_4688.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 44
Bank cancelled my card. Apparently this scam allows them to get all your credit card info and after 24 hours once you relax they hit your card.

Is there any risk to your boat by entering the HIN on there website? I dont know what else you had to provide personal info wise that they could use.

@rcfire77 I'd call the OPP phone-buster folks to report the fraud. Chances are they have heard about it and the OPP might be able to give you even more info that could protect you and your credit rating etc.,

They need to start locking these scammers up!

Sound similar to when I was selling rv and they wanted Vin number to check it out.

Yeah he contacted me the next day wanting to know the hull number. I ignored the request

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks