Fire arms storage??

can't miss

Live here in rural SW Ont,
Can I keep a small cal. non restricted firearm ready, not loaded, un locked?? Not on the kitchen table, but safely stored out of sight?
Buddy and I disagree, he say's no way, I say yes , I'm relying on gun reg's, the way I read them?
Reg.
storage, display, and transport, non restricted
paragraph 5-2
Anyone have any thought's here

I think it has to be locked up. Not just a trigger lock either. Regs are very confusing so I could be wrong. Call the mnr to be sure

has to be locked with either trigger lock, or in a gun case with a lock or in a vault took the course couple weeks ago

Yes, that is what my argument with my buddy stemmed from. It's no big deal, but there have been more than a few times, especially this time of yr, coyotes are to close. I keep a large outdoor dog, but he is contained by a electronic collar, un-believable how they know his boundaries. He has a distinctive bark that lets you know they're around, but by the time I get a gun out of the safe, find the key for trigger lock, un-lock the ammo, they've headed around the barn.
I'm aware of the protection of property clause, and I do fit the criteria described in it, just don't want any hassle, so my gun's stay locked. I have looked into the storage and transport of fire arms reg's in the past, there's alot of info available, from the government, to lawyers, to firearms groups. Some real horror stories as well, of good people who thought they were following the reg's, only to end up in court and spending ton's to clear their name and get their gun's back. Problem is firearm owner's, police, mnr and judges all interpret the reg's differently.

Yes, that is what my argument with my buddy stemmed from. It's no big deal, but there have been more than a few times, especially this time of yr, coyotes are to close. I keep a large outdoor dog, but he is contained by a electronic collar, un-believable how they know his boundaries. He has a distinctive bark that lets you know they're around, but by the time I get a gun out of the safe, find the key for trigger lock, un-lock the ammo, they've headed around the barn.
I'm aware of the protection of property clause, and I do fit the criteria described in it, just don't want any hassle, so my gun's stay locked. I have looked into the storage and transport of fire arms reg's in the past, there's alot of info available, from the government, to lawyers, to firearms groups. Some real horror stories as well, of good people who thought they were following the reg's, only to end up in court and spending ton's to clear their name and get their gun's back. Problem is firearm owner's, police, mnr and judges all interpret the reg's differently.

you got that right

Legally yes if you are rural you can have a firearm sat by the door for pest control but it can not be loaded.

As far as storage is concerned legally all that is required for a non restricted gun is a trigger lock. You can display your guns on a rack with trigger locks. Ammunition can not be stored with the gun unless the gun and the ammo is in a locked in a container.

Not restricted guns with internal magazines can not be loaded. Nor the magazine. Non restricted guns with external magazines can be full and ready to go.

Restricted guns can be locked in a container with a full magazine sitting right beside it as the magazine is not attached to the gun.

Thank the liberals they wrote the bs laws.

Legally yes if you are rural you can have a firearm sat by the door for pest control but it can not be loaded.

As far as storage is concerned legally all that is required for a non restricted gun is a trigger lock. You can display your guns on a rack with trigger locks. Ammunition can not be stored with the gun unless the gun and the ammo is in a locked in a container.

Not restricted guns with internal magazines can not be loaded. Nor the magazine. Non restricted guns with external magazines can be full and ready to go.

Restricted guns can be locked in a container with a full magazine sitting right beside it as the magazine is not attached to the gun.

Thank the liberals they wrote the bs laws.
Good to know @WinSX3Tom. Thanks for clarifying!

gforce, actually I know, I kinda join in when you push my place, but thanks for keeping my handle at can'tmiss? Believe you guys got a real nice black one, any chance of some pic's??
Just got back this AM ( Sunday) from Tim's run to Thamesford, first vehicle down my rd, fresh tracks in the skiff of snow we got last night, in alot of spots, seem's like you guys are having a good yr, but seem's to be alot more? Un real how you can push these bushes and remove 9, and the next morning it's like replacements have moved in??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks