Eye`s or Bow`s

CraigMatthew

thinking of heading out tomorrow to try for some eye`s. Heading out from Stanley. Has anyone been out yet or am I the first to try my luck? Its early I`m sure but its better than sitting home. If anyone has been out please let me know.
Thanks Craiger
:):):):)

i seen 4 boats trolling Monday when i was perchin out of burwell.. i also asked the guys a Bradfields if lots are being caught they said some are but not tones...you might have better luck at port Stanley

I trolled burwell, from the sandhills to port for a couple hours monday after getting a limit of perch. Marked a ton of bait in 50-54 FOW, and lots of good hooks, but could only catch silvers, tried all over the water column 15-50', but couldn't get a good fish to bite. Sure looked like they were out there judging by the screen, but maybe I was just marking silvers and sheeps.

THANKS GUYS WENT OUT OF STANLEY THIS MORNING SET UP IN 55 WENT TO 60 VERY ROUGH WEST WIND HEAVY CHOP MARKED FISH BUT NO LUCK. WILL TRY AGAIN ON SATURDAY

Just a hunch but if the odd walleye is being caught while perching doesn't it stand to reason that just maybe they are in 48 FOW on the bottom ? I'll let you know tomorrow - going to push my luck in the morning. I done this a few years ago and couldn't keep them off the line. filled my 4 crew limit in no time. 150 -200 ft lead with my ball inches off of the bottom RAC # 10 blue and silver.

thought we seen a nice one surface eating a dead shiner or may fly on Monday 15 ft away from the boat .. i wasn't a 100% sure tho could've bin a loch mess monster who knows LMAO... my eye's could've played tricks on me...

I went out of Bruce on Monday morning, started in 48' fow and went to 58' fow for about 4-hrs and no hits. Fishing with 5-colour with spoons and 2-colour with divers. Water temp was 61-62 degrees which seems colder than last year this time. Last year we did OK starting in 48' fow in mid-june but this was my first time out this year trying for pickerel. Noticed some bait balls on the screen more in the 55-58 fow range that held some fish with them. On holidays right now so hopefully I can get out starting Thursday and the rest of the week. The weekend wind report looks great, might be a little choppy thurs/fri. Will post what happens.

My opinion is come in shallower. They are most active in temps of 70 to 72deg. Probably won't find that temp yet but go to warmest area and depth. 50 plus depth is best in august or late July.

Heres my opinion.... your better off fishing for the perch until the rainbow and walleye show up ....the rainbows should of been out in the central basin in good numbers by now...them storms on the weekend with below normal temps has prolonged the agony....we know the leamington walleye fishing was super hot for weeks...the erieau fishing derby started last saturday when the storms hit and theres very few fish being caught...its just a matter of time with warmer weather and the fish on its way...or tell me different..

Your right mick. There will be resident eyes around but a couple weeks will be better. This summers sux so far

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks