Extreme Burn

Ingold Archery

After this weekend, I will have my two boys fully licenced to hunt.
They have been apprenticed for the last 3 years in archery, but now fully licenced to use guns. This weekend is turkey course. Excluding all game licences (have to buy them yet), it has cost me just under $1000.00 for the two of them. It sucks.
They grew up going out with me, watching, learning and best of all enjoying hunting. That it costs that much to get them fully legal to start on there own. I'm lucky that I can just afford to do this for them, but I'm sure there is a lot of parents that can not. They are on there own after this to buy there own licences and tags, but dad will be there to help fill them.

Yikes that is expensive eh.

Sucks they must be the same age or a year or so apart that you had to fork it all over at once eh.

Been there , done that. Both son and daughter. Worth every penny I spent. No cost can be measured for spending time in the field sharing your passions with your children.

thats great brad but both mine are going to do their restricted this summer so ill add another 400 or so .just remember if your kids hunt you wont have to hunt for them

I agree, love having them with me, and they are both good boys. I feel sorry for the kids that want to hunt and enjoy the outdoors, but can't cause it's so expensive.

thats great brad but both mine are going to do their restricted this summer so ill add another 400 or so .just remember if your kids hunt you wont have to hunt for them
Oh ya , that's right . And depending on if and which gun club they sign up at , there will be an orientation class to get in as part of the membership fee followed up by a safe handling course , which may or may not come into play ( depending on the club) and may or may not cost you a fee before you can use the range . Now don't get me wrong , I do understand that clubs have make money to survive , so you will either pay a higher membership coming in or pay a lower fee with additional fees along the way . Hopefully they really want that restricted license . The other thing is also , some clubs are only open on certain days and times ,where others allow access , with a security pass for 24/7 use . Have to take that into consideration to if you are on shift or bad weather on outdoor ranges . Range masters ( I think that's the term ) also have to be present . This is the first year I have signed up and there is a lot you find out . Not just pay your money and shoot ! I signed up as part of what I needed to register a hand gun( not necessarily a requirement if just to own the gun ) , whether I decide to use it at the range or not . But the range does offer other things . Trap , Skeet and rifle along with meeting new people and maybe gaining access to property that I might not normally have access to . So for me , the membership justifies the cost for now . Oh ! And one more thing while I'm still thinking . Isn't it great having someone , especially family to spend time with in the outdoors . Kinda makes it all worth the cost . Daughters have brought me 2 guys who recently got their license and they both fish. Health problems have slowed me down . But since they got involved , I've gotten a second wind . Kinda like the "Old Dog Young Dog " thing .

Oh ya , that's right . And depending on if and which gun club they sign up at , there will be an orientation class to get in as part of the membership fee followed up by a safe handling course , which may or may not come into play ( depending on the club) and may or may not cost you a fee before you can use the range . Now don't get me wrong , I do understand that clubs have make money to survive , so you will either pay a higher membership coming in or pay a lower fee with additional fees along the way . Hopefully they really want that restricted license . The other thing is also , some clubs are only open on certain days and times ,where others allow access , with a security pass for 24/7 use . Have to take that into consideration to if you are on shift or bad weather on outdoor ranges . Range masters ( I think that's the term ) also have to be present . This is the first year I have signed up and there is a lot you find out . Not just pay your money and shoot ! I signed up as part of what I needed to register a hand gun( not necessarily a requirement if just to own the gun ) , whether I decide to use it at the range or not . But the range does offer other things . Trap , Skeet and rifle along with meeting new people and maybe gaining access to property that I might not normally have access to . So for me , the membership justifies the cost for now . Oh ! And one more thing while I'm still thinking . Isn't it great having someone , especially family to spend time with in the outdoors . Kinda makes it all worth the cost . Daughters have brought me 2 guys who recently got their license and they both fish. Health problems have slowed me down . But since they got involved , I've gotten a second wind . Kinda like the "Old Dog Young Dog " thing .

It sure is nice having them with us, and meeting new people, and hopefully showing them the ropes

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks