DWP Sept 7/14

B

Big Dave

There were a lot of boats out there today, how did you make out? Post some results:D

perchsept7200_zpsa0ad84f0.jpg

sept7fish_zps09705d6e.jpg

Mike with a 13 3/4

Last edited by a moderator:
How did it make out? Hmm..

Well I took 2 loads of brush to transfer station in the mini van:cry:. Maybe I should start a gardening forum?:eek:

Looked like a better fishing day. Nice size fish for eating there @Big Dave with a couple of tourist fish in the mix.

We kept few under 9" Fishing was pretty good today.

Nice to see you @stomp using that mini van and doing the yard work, your back must be doing better...

I think the other 20 boats around me must have been gardening too..........:rolleyes:

BD

Hi Big Dave, wife and I made our first blind trip out of Pt Burwell today and went east about 4 miles and idled
through about a dozen boats and decided to continue on. A short while later (13) miles we happened upon about 20
boats in 52 fow and set up. We where only able to box 26 perch but they where sure nice ones. Could only eat 5 between the 2 of us for supper.
I asked the boat next to us if we where in the area of Hastings and he confirmed that we where. I asked where's Big Dave and he said that
he wasn't allowed to say. Great day on the water and a 1/2 limit for us but they sure are a nice size of perch. Cheers and thanks for all the great reports.
GPS

Hi Big Dave, wife and I made our first blind trip out of Pt Burwell today and went east about 4 miles and idled
through about a dozen boats and decided to continue on. A short while later (13) miles we happened upon about 20
boats in 52 fow and set up. We where only able to box 26 perch but they where sure nice ones. Could only eat 5 between the 2 of us for supper.
I asked the boat next to us if we where in the area of Hastings and he confirmed that we where. I asked where's Big Dave and he said that
he wasn't allowed to say. Great day on the water and a 1/2 limit for us but they sure are a nice size of perch. Cheers and thanks for all the great reports.
GPS
That is funny....I am sure you were in the same pack. I pulled up around 830 and by 10 had 20 boats around, all good distance, The bite was light and fussy, we got our 200 but worked for them. What kind of boat were you in? We were 17 miles east of burwelll

I was in a 22 ft Brown Crestliner. ( planer board mast on the bow) We likely landed there about 10:30 and it took about a 1/2 hr for the fish to find
us. What boat do you run out of?

"The bite was light and fussy"

same here----except the smaller (tiny) ones----just smashed it----the bigger ones would pick up and either just sit there or swim around with it in their yap

I recall seeing you. you mentioned yesterday to call on 06 and I guess I should have.
Oh well nice almost meeting you. If you ever make a run to the Western Basin for some nice
perch sized pickerel shoot me a pm> Cheers

"The bite was light and fussy"

same here----except the smaller (tiny) ones----just smashed it----the bigger ones would pick up and either just sit there or swim around with it in their yap

We were getting some really good fish that you hardly felt the bite, we didn't get many small ones today. 2 white perch and 3 sheep, not bad!

Were you anchored too @packrat?:D

The key to these fish is a stiff, sensitive rod,:) on a day like today you wont feel the bite on much else. Also stay still and keep the fish interested when they do find you.;)

we should have stayed perchin , didn't do too well chasing those eyes today after we left hastings
it was still a very nice day on the water , fish or no fish
we ended up with 35 decent perch and only 2 eyes , and two of the biggest sheepheads I have ever seen !!

"Were you anchored too @@packrat"

yup-----to my chair:ROFLMAO:

was using a light rod with sensitive tip----had to really watch the tip in the breeze to see the hit. was using mono instead of braid----could still feel any action with your finger tho

"Were you anchored too @@packrat"

yup-----to my chair:ROFLMAO:

was using a light rod with sensitive tip----had to really watch the tip in the breeze to see the hit. was using mono instead of braid----could still feel any action with your finger tho
Mono works fine but not 50' down, glad you got some good fish.............

I use ultralight 5'6" fenwick rod with rapala reel and 10lb braid, when the fish are finicky. Dave is right about having a stiffer tip, my UL is stiffer action but must be countered with a lighter weight (1/2 oz.) when using braid on it other wise the perch "Rape" your minnow. Good "shootin" on the 200 count today Big Dave, always looking after your clients making sure they get their limits. Way to go!!!!!!!!

Back